17 » real life

With her headphones on and the volume turned on full Karsyn was untouchable. A lot of modern artists liked to record their own music and let the professionals do the mixing, but Karsyn was not most artists. All her songs were her own, and even if she did collaborate with an editor she always made sure that she was present the whole time.

The Marvel soundtrack wasn't any different, and watching the way Sebastian and the others played their characters was what inspired her to write the music. So when Karsyn found herself editing her latest piece, a purely music track that was set in the build up to one of the final battles, she felt like the entire world was at her finger tips.

"Karsyn!" Karsyn looked up and flicked off her headphones to lock eyes with Joe Russo.

"What's up?" She wondered, sliding the lid of her laptop closed.

"We're shooting the opening scene and one of the extras didn't show up. I need someone to take her role."

Karsyn's jaw fell open slightly. "Joe I... I'm not an actor."

"Karsyn you're an artist." He pleaded. "I know you'd be perfect for the role and you're familiar with the script. You've watched the others run through this a thousand times. Please? If we don't get this scene done today it puts us behind schedule."

Karsyn chewed the inside of her cheek, her resolve fading quickly. "Joe really I-"

"One time." He said quickly, "Just this once."

Karsyn sighed, "Alright."

"CUT!"

The alarms signalling the end of the scene rang overhead, cutting Karsyn out of character. Instantly Sebastian was at her side, lifting her off the ground in a tight hug and spinning her around. "Karsyn that was amazing!"

Karsyn laughed as he set her back down, brushing her hair behind her ears. "I'm pretty happy with it."

"You killed it, Kar." Mackie said, leading over the rest of the Marvel actors. They all held smiles as big as hers, looking like smug parents who's kid had just won first place at the science fair.

"She sure did." Anthony and Joe grinned as they came up beside Karsyn, "You did an amazing job keeping up with the rest of the cast. The only shame is you're only in it for one scene."

Karsyn laughed breathlessly, "Thanks but I don't think I'm cut out for that much running."

The brothers smiled and gave the rest of the cast a small glance, which seemed to be a cue to leave. "Hey Kar I'll meet you back at the car, alright?" Seb smiled as the others waved and started filtering away. 

"Well, if you ever find yourself wanting to act again we'd be happy to help." Anthony smiled.

"I'm really flattered, honestly." Karsyn grinned, a flutter of pride swelling in her chest. "But I'm sure there's plenty of actors out there."

"None that have that kind of chemistry with the cast." Joe assured her. "Actually, since you're here Joe and I were already talking about the revival of your character. Of course for now she's only a background character but within the next few years we'll be looking at giving her her own series. You do have every right to decline if you want, but the opportunity is there if you want to take it."

"You want me to act in the next Marvel franchise?" Karsyn was sure that her heart has just stopped.

"That is what we asked." The brothers nodded.

"Oh my god..." Karsyn laughed disbelievingly, "Yes! I'll do that! Oh my god that's amazing! Wait until Sebastian hears about this! And Chris! AND LIZZIE!"

The Russo's laughed, "We'll discuss it more tomorrow after we've had time to speak with the writers. But don't worry, we already have some interesting plans for you."

"I can't wait."

__________

surprise! karsyn's acting now!