26 » real life

Karsyn switched her phone off as soon as she'd finished reading the article, throwing the object at the nearest wall. The phone bounced off the wall and landed face down on the ground, but Karsyn didn't care as she sank down on the floor, her head in her hands.

Somewhere down the hall she heard someone knocking on the front door. "Go away!" She shouted, leaning back against the wall and wiping her puffy eyes.

"Karsyn!" The person continued knocking, "Karsyn let me in!"

"I said go away!"

Ten feet away her phone started buzzing with an incoming phone call, the familiar ring tone she'd set for Sebastian only filling the room. Karsyn crawled towards the phone and picked it up. Distantly she realised she'd cracked the screen, but it was only a second before she lifted it to her ear, her thumb brushing the answer button.

"What do you want, idiot?"

"I'm at the door."

"Then I'm not home."

"You just told me to go away."

"That's... a recording."

"How stupid do you think I am, Karsyn?"

"You don't want me to answer that."

Sebastian sighed, "Boo just open the door. I need to talk to you, okay?"

"I dunno, Stan. I wouldn't want to cause more drama than I'm worth, right?"

"Shit. So you read the article, huh? Karsyn those quotes were taken way out of context."

"Then tell me what context I should have taken them in, Sebastian. Because it sure as hell didn't seem like you were joking."

"Boo just open the door, okay? I promise that I'll explain myself then. Just open the door."

Karsyn paused, debating her options. She could leave him out there, but Sebastian knew where she hid the spare key. If she didn't let him in he'd probably just do it himself.

With an overly dramatic sigh Karsyn dragged herself off the floor and opened the door. She tried to keep her glare as poisonous as possible, which turned out to be extremely hard when she saw how wrecked he looked.

"Seb have you... been crying?"

"Yeah." Seb smiled and laughed a little, "I actually just left Holly's house. It, uh- It turns out she's been recording all our conversations and putting them online. That leaked phone call that they wrote about was with her."

"Well that's shit," Karsyn sighed, leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah it is."

Karsyn nibbled on the corner of her lip, debating the few options she had. "When was the last time you slept?"

"30 hours ago." Sebastian told her, "I found out late last night. I didn't want to disturb you so I tried sleeping in the car outside McDonalds. Far out I need a coffee."

"You need a bed." Karsyn told him, opening the door enough for him to get through. "I'll set you up in the spare room."

"Thank you."