33 » real life

Karsyn woke up the morning after the premier in Sebastian's bed. His empty bed.

In a somewhat slow, almost tentative way, Karsyn peeled back the heavy blankets and stepped out of the bed. She found herself walking barefoot down the hallways in an unfamiliar shirt and trousers, her fingers skimming the wall that led her to the kitchen.

She found him there, dressed in nothing but a pair of trousers that hung way too low on his hips. His bare back was turned as he bent over something that smelled deliciously similar to pancakes.

"Good morning." Karsyn greeted him softly, walking to stand beside him as he worked.

"Morning, Boo." He smiled, using a spatula to unstick the bottom of a pancake and flip it upside down. "How'd you sleep?"

"In your bed, apparently." Karsyn grinned, lifting herself up so she could sit on the counter as he worked. "I don't remember getting there though."

"You fell asleep in the car on the way back from the premier." Sebastian told her, "I didn't want to leave you by yourself so I brought you here and put you in my bed."

Karsyn's cheeks flushed a pale shade of red, suddenly embarrassed to ask where her new clothes had come from. "Where'd you sleep?" She asked instead.

He shrugged, "Next to you. I hope you don't mind, the couch just didn't look very inviting."

Karsyn smiled, "I don't mind."

At last Sebastian finished with his last pancake and lifted it, placing it in the centre of a plate. "You can be in charge of toppings." He told her, handing her two piles of pancakes.

"I'm always in charge of toppings." She sighed, sliding off the counter and walking with the plates
in hand over to the fridge. "Ice cream, chocolate topping, blue berries... and strawberries." She listed the toppings as she collected them, setting them on the bench with her undressed pancakes.

She dolloped the ice cream on top of the pancakes generously before drizzling them in chocolate and a generous sprinkle of blueberries and sliced strawberries. "Perfecto!" She laughed, smacking her lips as she carried the two plates out into the lounge room, where Sebastian was scrolling through the news.

She handed him his helping and the pair sat side by side on the floor, eating their rather desert like breakfasts.

"Last night was the release of the new Marvel premier Avengers: Infinity War. And the guests at the red carpet event sure we're stunning." The reporter was saying, her thick New York accent reverberated through the tv. Images of women in gorgeous dresses flashed up on the screen, including Scar and Lizzie. Sebastian knocked his knee against hers as her photo came up, making Karsyn laugh through a mouthful of pancakes.

"But surprisingly," The reporter continued, "the dresses were not the talk of the evening. Instead the focus of the event seems to have centred on the power team Sebastian Stan and Karsyn Bennet. It's not a secret that the two of them have been very close lately. However their 'friendliness' at last nights even left many of us wondering: do we have a new Marvel couple on or hands?"

Karsyn rolled her eyes, her cheeks still stuffed full of ice cream and pancake mix, as Sebastian flicked to the next channel. Instead of the news the tv now displayed a bunch of cartoon kids in a rocket ship, chanting in singsong voices to a tune that made Karsyn's head buzz. But Sebastian didn't change it over, instead leaning on one elbow so he could face her. "Her Kar?"

"Yes, dork?" She wondered, swiping her finger along the edge of her empty plate and licking the strawberry juice and ice cream.

"I've been meaning to ask you something."

Karsyn nodded, setting her plate down beside her. "Then ask it."

"What are we?" He asked, and Karsyn felt her heart freeze in her chest.

"What do you mean?" She asked tentatively.

"We've been best friends for years, right?" He sat up straight now, his eyes boring holes into her. "But you know that this year it's been different. We pretend like what we do is just normal best friend things but I don't know any other friends who sleep together and go to movie premiere holding hands."

Karsyn sat up now too, chewing her bottom lip anxiously. "What do you want us to be?"

"I don't know." He sighed, scratching the back of his head. "But I know that I don't want to keep this limbo going. So I'm going you straight out. And if you say no I'll get it, and whatever we had we can forget and go back to how things were."

Karsyn felt her heart jump in her chest, beginning to beat erratically against her ribs. "Just ask already."

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked, looking down at his hands instead of at her.

Karsyn smiled. "What did you think I was gonna say?" She asked. Sebastian looked up at her, his eyebrows drawn together in slight confusion. "Yes you dork!"

"Oh thank god!" Sebastian sighed in relief, leaning back against the side of he couch and resting a hand over his chest. "You have no idea how hard that was for me."

"Trust me," She grinned, "I think I do."

__________

finally, am i right?