The Announcement

Hey guys! I got this idea when I was camping out in British Columbia. I hope you enjoy it! :)

Third Person P.O.V.

It was Friday afternoon and there were only five minutes of class left. However, Professor Port had an announcement to make.

Professor Port: "Attention students. In a month's time, we will be heading up the Forever Falls Mountain for a camping trip."

The room was filled with mixed reactions, from dread to excitement.

"Now the purpose of this trip" Port continued "is to see how well you would survive out in the wilderness for long periods of time. As a hunter, or huntress, circumstances may force you away from civilization. Which is why you will be completely responsible for all the equipment and supplies you will need."

BRRRRIINGGGG

"That's all the time we have for today, I will give you more information in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy your weekend!"

(y/n)'s P.O.V.

I sighed as I gathered my stuff and filed out with the rest of the students. I don't mind camping it's just that the last time I went was with my family, and I was so bored I wanted to stab my brains out with a toothpick.

(Maybe it won't be so bad.) I thought

Then, out of nowhere, a cheerful female voice pierced my eardrums.

????: "HELLOOOOOO!"

After jumping about ten feet in the air, I turned to see a blonde girl with lilac eyes.

(y/n): "Holy flagnog, you scared me Yang!"

"Sorry" she giggled as she wrapped her arm around my shoulders. We started walking down the hall towards the drom.

Yang: "Camping sounds kinda fun, don't ya think?"

(y/n): "I guess. Although last time I went was with my family and it rained the whole week, so we didn't really do anything."

She sighed.

"Oh, bummer. Well, at least it's with friends this time so it will be different." she smiled. "Maybe even fun."

I looked at her.

"I hope you're right."

????: "Hey (y/)!"

I probably would have jumped again if it weren't for Yang's arm holding me down. This time I saw silver eyes and red-black hair.

(y/n):"Hey Ruby."

Ruby:"You excited to go camping?"

Her eyes were gleaming with excitement.

(y/n): "Sorta, how abou-"

Ruby "I LOVE camping! Me, Yang, and our Dad use to go every summer! Now that it's a whole bunch of us, it's going to be so much more awesome!"

There was no stopping her, she was practically bouncing off the walls.

"We'll be sleeping in tents, going hiking, swimming in lakes-"

????: "Getting bit by BUGS!"

(What is it with every girl on Team RWBY trying to jump-scare me?!)

Author: "Don't look at me..."

Turning to face her, I saw the blue-eyed, white-haired Schnee known as Weiss in a pouty mood.