04

"don't say, don't you say it."

→←

Sodapop

"I didn't know checking the mail took an hour." Steve joked, making me slap him before I took my seat beside him on the couch.

"Yeah, Soda, what were you really doing?" Ponyboy asked, a huge goofy grin on his face.

Darry just shot me a warning look, making me shoot him an innocent smile. He's not going to like what I have to say.

"I saw a girl crying in the rain, and I offered to take her home. She was really upset about something but she wouldn't tell me why." I explained, not mentioning Dakota's name.

Two-Bit started wiggling his eyebrows. "Yeah, but what did you do once you took her home?"

I rolled my eyes, scoffing. "You guys are disgusting. All you care about is getting in some girl's pants. Ever heard of being a gentleman?"

They all got quiet as I trudged towards the room Pony and I shared, slamming the door. I don't know why I got so angry, their dirty comments never bothered me before.

[sorry, I just felt like that was needed

[sorry, I just felt like that was needed. PREPARE for my random GIF moments, kay?]

I was exhausted, so I decided to call it a day. I turned the light off and pulled the cover up to my chest, staring blankly at the ceiling. Three things have been bothering me ever since I met Dakota, and I can't seem to get them out of my mind.

Why does she hate Greasers?

Why was she so upset today?

Who is she?

I knew Dakota obviously. Her and Bob are so popular, you'd have to be living under a rock to not know who they are. It's just I've never really paid that much attention to her until now. All I really know about her is that she dates Bob, both of her parents are the owners of the Dingo and Jay's, plus her mom travels all over the world for her other job.

That's all I really know about her, though. I just really really want to know why she despises Greasers so much. Something has had to happen to drive that much hate towards us. I just know it.

And I plan to find out if she'll ever let me get close enough.

→←

Dakota

"Kota, honey, please let me in. You can't stay cooped up inside your room forever." My mom's voice called from outside of my bedroom door.