020

"choke this love till the veins start to shiver." 

Journal Entry #538

and when it was all said and done, all that remained was the shell of a one-sided love and the bones of a lover that held onto it far too long. 

→←

"What do you want to do today?" I asked Andrew, who was acting a little down today.

He shrugged. "Doesn't matter."

It's been a week of us pretending to be dating and he's been down ever since. I laid my hand on his shoulder. "Andrew, what's up with you?"

"What's up with me?!" He shouted, making me flinch.

"Oh, I'll tell you what's wrong with me, I'm pretend dating the girl I've always had a crush on since I was five and I've been having to keep a smile on my face and be happy for her, even though she loves someone that's not me!"

I stood there, my mouth wide open, shocked at every word he spilled out. I couldn't find any words to form in my mouth, I just stood there like an idiot watching as tears rolled down his face.

"A-Andrew, I didn't know. Why didn't you tell me?" I ran over to him and pulled him into a tight hug, wiping off the tears rolling down his cheeks.

He shook his head. "You were just so focused on making Soda have feelings for you, I didn't want to get in the way of it."

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Andrew, you should've never agreed to it."

He scoffed. "What? I was going to be hurt either way."

I frowned and leaned my head on his shoulder while rubbing his back continously.  "I'm so so sorry, Andrew. I never meant to hurt you."

He managed to give me a small smile. "Don't worry about it, Kota."

There was a knock at the door and I got up to go open it, my eyes widening once I saw Soda.

I quickly turned back to Andrew, and he chuckled, waving his hand. "Go ahead."

I smiled gratefully and closed the door behind me to meet face to face with a soaking wet Soda. It was pouring rain outside.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "Soda, what are you doing all the way out here in the rain?"

He sighed. "Dakota, I'm sorry. I always denied it because I'm just too scared, but I-I love you. A lot."

Once again, I was left shocked. The rain was pounding against my skin and I was soaking wet just as Soda. 

"It's okay if you don't feel the same anymore. I know you're dating Andrew, I just wanted to let you know."

"Soda, Andrew and I weren't actually dating!" I exclaimed.

Happiness was etched across his face. "Are you serious?"

I nodded my head and squealed as he spun me around in the rain, me clinging onto him tightly.

[am I the only one who thought about The Notebook??]