Chapter 2

(Charlie's POV)

I don't remember much happening. The last thing I remember was the sound of Roy calling my name and Malekith pushing me back into the portal. I slowly stand up and see Malekith laying on the sandy floor. I take a look at my surroundings. I am no longer on earth. Large pieces of broken looking spaceships jutting out of the dusty floor. There were few mountains and the skies were dark. The colours of brown and grey? There was also rays of light that break through the many clouds that make up the sky.

I turn around just in time to see Malekith charge towards me with a knife. I quickly react and take out my knives to block. I then duck and swipe my leg underneath his feet which caught him off guard. He attempts to get to his feet but I knock him back down and quickly sheathe my knives. I summon my staff and point it at him.

"Any last words monster" I growl as I charge up my staff.

"Welcome to Svartelfheim mortal. You won't survive long here. He will come after you." He chokes out. I give him a bitter smile before blasting him into the ground. He disintegrates into ash before getting blown away by the wind.

I look around again, knowing his words were right. How can I survive here? A planet of dust and broken ships. I hope Roy and the others are doing better than me. What did Malekith mean by 'he will come after me?'

-----<>-----

I don't know how long I have been here. The sky doesn't really get dark. For all I know, I could have been here for hours, days, weeks, months. Well I am exaggerating the months and weeks. I believe I have only been here for a couple of days. I have been walking for miles though. Scenery hasn't changed much. Fortunately for me, I haven't run into Malekith's minions.

I slowly climb a steep mountain, taking forever to reach the top. This reminds me of the times when my family and I would go out on weekends and go on hiking trips up the mountains. We used to go up the same mountain and then stop at a beautiful lake that never stopped shimmering in the sun. We had picnics there, enjoying the sunshine. If the weather was too hot, we would jump into the lake.

I suddenly stop digging through my memories when I reach the top of the mountain and look down towards an open area. In the middle of the area was a huge circle that was made up of dark markings that looked out of this world. My curiosity getting the best of me, I slid down the mountain with ease since it was mainly made of sand. As I near the bottom, I slow myself down by summoning my staff and stabbing it in the ground behind me. I stop just as I reach the bottom of the mountain and my staff vanishes.

Being cautious of my surroundings as it is an open area, I unsheathe my knives and walk towards the markings. As I get closer, I walk around the circle. I poke a marking with the tip of my knife but nothing happened. Seeing it seemed safe, I stepped into the circle. As I walked to the centre of it, I heard something that sounded like thunder. Then as I look up, I see some rainbow looking streak speed towards me. I stared for one second before beginning to run. But it was too late.

I felt myself shoot up and feel dizzy. But it stopped just as quickly as it had started. I collapse to the ground and close my eyes, waiting for dizzy spell to vanish. I roll onto my back and slowly open my eyes. But as I did, I see a large figure looming over me. I jump and dash away from it. My eyes clearing up, the figure came into view. He wore golden armours with a golden helmet with horns on it? He looked down at me, his eyes were the same colour as his armour which was unbelievable. I had no idea eyes like that existed.

I then looked down to his hands. He was holding a huge sword that could do some serious damage. My first instinct was to unsheathe my knives and point it at the golden man.