Chapter 8

Ever since Loki and I found out about me possessing the powers of the 'power' stone, he has been following me everywhere. He won't leave my side, not even for a second. Not that I'm complaining. I don't mind spending time with him but at times, he can be a slight pain.

With Loki by my side, I haven't felt the presence of someone following us. Which is good. Now that I think about it, Roy said "I have seen the way he looks at you". I don't understand what he means by that. I look at Loki walking quietly beside me. He sees me as a friend right? Does he like me? But if he does, the bigger question is do I like him back?

"Would you like to speak of what you're thinking of?" I turn to Loki who is waiting expectantly.

"Uh, no. I was just think. That's all."

"Well you seem in deep thought, and you were staring at nothing" he points out.

"Someone is quite observant" I mumble.

"I am just concerned"

"Concerned? Why would you worry about me?" I ask, a little shocked.

"I care for you" He admits, looking away.

"You what?" I was not expecting those words to come out.

"I care for you Charlie. I just didn't really know how to show it" He runs his hand through his hair and turns to look at me.

"I didn't really expect you to say any of that"

"I didn't either. But I didn't know how else to tell you"

"But you just did"

He sighs. "What I have been meaning to say is that I like you"

I blush and so does he. "Oh."

"And, I would like to court you. If you don't mind of course"

Now I know what Roy meant. Also I have never seen Loki this shy before. Wow. Now I start to think. Court means like dating right? Uh well, I have never actually dated anyone before.

"If you say no it's fine too" Loki breaks me away from my thoughts.

"Oh, I was just thinking. Sorry"

"So?"

"Yes"

He looks down sadly but then looks up with wide eyes.

"What?"

"I said yes you dag!" I laugh as he gives me a big hug.

"Thank you!" He hugs me closer and leans on the tree behind him. "What is a dag?"

"Nothing" I smile as he pulls back and looks at me.

"Uh, may I, uh" he gives me a shy smile and all I do is nod.

He slowly leans in and kisses me. At first it was strange since I have never kissed anyone, but then I followed what he was doing and it felt amazing! He pulls away with a huge grin.

"Now what?" I ask, with the same grin.

"Well we can continue?" He asks with a smirk, all his shyness gone.

"Why not?" I laugh. He pulls me closer to him and brings him lips down to mine. Charlie 3, Loki 2.

<><><><><>

"I give up!" I growl as I throw my staff at Loki who easily catches it.

"You have to keep calm" He says.

"I am calm!" I shout as I throw a purple fireball at him.

"Loki 3, Charlie 3" he smirks.

"What? I didn't do anything! I just threw a-"

He raises his eyebrows at me. "You were saying?"

"Never mind" I grumble, walking up to him.

"You need to learn to control your emotions if you want to control your powers." He tells me.

"No shit Sherlock" I roll my eyes.

"Language dear" He smirks.

I roll my eyes once again and flip him off.

"How rude" he shakes his head.

"Thanks" I chuckle and take my staff off him.

"So tell me, what else can you do?"

"Uh, well I have super strength kind of"

"What do you mean kind of?"

"It's not like that strength where I can pick up a building. It's more like punching someone through 50 concrete walls." I explain.

"I see, so I should not get on your bad side then, huh?"

"You really shouldn't" I laugh. "I can shoot purple beams outta my staff, that purple fireball thingo I did, I can teleport and float"

"Float?" he laughs.

"Yeah" I say, confused to why he's laughing.

"You mean levitating?" He laughs.

"Yeah, float, levitating. Same thing" I wave him off.

"Whatever you say love" he wraps his arms around my waist and leads me out of the garden.

"BROTHER!" We hear Thor boom.

"What does that oaf want now" Loki grumbles as we see Thor walking towards us. Loki removes his arm from my waist and walks up to Thor.

"There you are! I have been looking all over for you!" Thor smiles.

"What is it you want Thor?" Loki impatiently waits.

"Mother has called us, she said it was important"

"Fine, I will meet you there" Loki turns to me. "Are you fine by yourself for now?"

"I'll be fine, go follow your brother" I hug him.

"He is not my brother" he says as he pulls away and gives me a quick kiss. He walks over to Thor with raised eyebrows.

"Am I missing something here brother?" Thor wiggles his eyebrows.

"No and I'm not your brother" Loki snaps.

The two of them walked off whilst I remain in the gardens a little longer.

<><><><><>

Unknown POV

"The boy and girl are now quite close" The smaller figure stated.

"I see, this makes things so easily. They are each other's weak spots. We should thank them" The bigger figure smirks.

"What should I do?" the smaller one asks.

"Just keep watch as always. Report back any progress. We will attack soon." The larger one chuckles.