Chapter 5

As soon as we reach the Bifrost, I immediately fall off ungracefully and land on the ground. Loki laughs and gracefully hops off.

"MY BUTT HURTS!" I complain.

"You'll get used to it my lady" Heimdall smiles.

I raise my hand from the floor and give him a wave. "Hey"

"Up you get Charlie, you can complain later" Loki chuckles as he pulls me to my feet.

"Let's go then" I groan.

"Heimdall" Loki nods and Heimdall twists his sword in the Bifrost thing and the next thing I know, I am back on my earth.

"This is your earth?" Loki questions as he looks around.

"Yes, well. What's left of it anyway" I suddenly feel like my normal cold self.

I look around, trying to find where I am. Once I found an indicator of where I am, I knew how to get back to the base.

"Follow me" I say, with almost no emotion.

"Are you okay Charlie?" Loki places a hand on my shoulder in concern.

"I'm fine! Let's get a move on" I snap at him. His face shows the look of worry and hurt.

What is this place doing to me?

<><><><><>

I breathe out a relieved sigh as I see lights on inside the base we stayed in. Loki looks around us, like there is something surrounding us. I attempt to open the door but find it locked. With a wave of my hand, I unlock the door and push it open. Walking inside, nothing much has changed. A few lights are flickering but most are still working. I open my room door to find nothing here was moved.

"Is this your room?" Loki asks as he picks up a few pictures and looks at them.

"Yes, I don't know where everyone is though" I look under my bed to see my bag. I pull it from under and unzip it. I smile when I see the contents. It had my spare clothes, a few small knives and underneath all the clothes, my gun.

I put my bag on and drag Loki out. As I do, I hear talking. I freeze, as does Loki and we shut my room door and listen.

"Who left the door open?"

"I didn't sir! We locked it!"

"Someone is in here! Be alert!" The familiar voice commanded.

I hear footsteps coming closer and I look through the hole of my door. I immediately recognise him. I push Loki away from the door and open it. The man aims his gun straight at me and I raise my hands.

"Roy!" I say.

He looks at me for a few moments before dropping his gun and immediately wraps his arms around me.

"Charlie! I missed you so, so much!" I feel a warm liquid falling down my face. I pull back and look at Roy who has tears falling down his face. He then shouts to the others. "Don't bother looking anymore! You can all relax!"

There was a bunch of responses before doors shut. "You look different"

"I know, when you believe your best friend dead, you change" he smiles sadly. His dark blond hair is quite spiky and he looks bigger. Not as in bigger like, yeah. But bigger as in muscly.

"Well you got some muscle there" I joke as I point to his arm.

"Did you just joke?!" He looks at me as if I had grown a second head.

"Yeah. Problem?" I laugh.

"Did you just laugh!?" He grabs my face in his hands and inspects it. "What happened to you when you were gone to act like your normal self?!"

"Well, I'm not really sure"

"Well whatever it was, I must thank it for changing you. Do you know how many times I tried to crack the hard shell that you hid yourself in?"

I laugh and hug him again. "I know you just met and everything but can you please continue this when we are back?"

Roy and I both look to Loki who is leaning on the door frame, arms crossed with eyebrows raised.

Roy immediately pulls me behind him and grabs his gun from the floor. "Who are you!?"

I put my hand on his arm and lower it. "It's okay Roy, he's with me."

"Who is he?"

"That's Loki" He looks at me confused.

"You mean that Norse God?"

"Yes, the God of Mischief and Lies"

"Oh, are you the key to breaking Charlie's hard shell?" Roy points at Loki.

"Well I guess?" Loki scratches the back of his head.

"I have to thank you then. It has taken me 5 years to break her shell" Roy puts out his hand. "I'm Roy by the way"

Loki shakes his hand reluctantly. "Loki. Charlie has told me quite a bit about you"

"So... are you two?" Roy points between the both of us.

"No Roy. No" I shove him as we go down to the meeting hall.

"Are you sure?" He smirks.

"Yes I am, no gather everyone in the meeting hall, and tell them to pack all essentials." I inform him.

"Yes captain" he teases before walking out.

I sit down on a chair and Loki sits opposite. "So that's Roy huh?"

"Yep" I nod.

A few minutes later, the small group started walking in with smiles when they see me. All of them held their bags and sat down on the tables provided. I stood from my chair and walked on stage, Loki and Roy following.

"Attention my fellow survivors!" I look over everyone.

"When I was taken in the portal, I spent a couple of days in a place called Svartelfheim. I was then transported into Asgard, where this man" I gesture to Loki. "Came from. He is Prince Loki and he has helped me get to you guys. It seems there is parallel dimension of this earth. I am going to try and ask the All Father if we can organise to end you to that earth. Where there is colour! Civilisation!"

They all cheer, liking the sound of what I am telling them. I look to Loki and he smiles down at me. "We should leave now then"

We walk everyone out and over to where we landed from the Bifrost. "Everyone should hold onto each other. This is going to be a short travel but you will feel slightly dizzy when we reach Asgard"

They all nod and hold onto each other. I nod to Loki and he nods back. "Heimdall!"

And within seconds, we all teleport and land in Asgard.