Chapter 3

I groan as I wake up this morning. As I open my eyes, it takes me a second to register where I am. I then remember I am in a room in Asgard. I turn to my side to look at the curtains that are refraining me from looking out the window. I swing my legs over the bedside and get off the bed. I walk over to the curtains and push them open. I realise that it actually wasn't a window but it was actually a balcony.

I used to love balconies, my bedroom had a small one. I loved to just sit and watch the sunset or rise. I loved how the cool breeze that flew by when it was a hot day. And the winter chill that froze your toes but having your hands warmed by a cup of chocolate.

I open the balcony doors and step out. I look over the edge to see a beautiful garden, full of colour and nature. Every plant looked unreal. I then wondered how I could get there. I pull a chair out and sit there for who knows how long. I walk back into the room and shut the balcony doors.

I walk over to my bed and notice a note on it. How did that get there? I look around to check if anyone was in my room. I check my door to see it was locked. How was that possible!? I carefully walk over and pick it up. I open it and it reads:

To Charlie,

I hope you had a peaceful sleep last night. And I hope everything is to your liking. Breakfast will be served shortly to your room. I asked one of the maids to drop it off for now. But be ready after your breakfast as I will pick you up shortly to take you on a tour of Asgard.

From Loki

Shortly after reading over the note, I hear a knock on the door. At first, I was wondering who would knock but then I remember Loki's note. I walk over to the door and open it up. A maid appeared who looked around the same age as me. She had auburn hair and was slightly shorter than me.

"Morning" I greeted and let her in.

"Morning my lady" She gives a small curtsy and places the tray of food on my desk.

"Please, don't be so formal. Call me Charlie"

"Okay my- I mean Charlie" she gives a shy smile. "Do you require anything else?"

"No thanks, I am fine" I give her a nod as she leaves and shuts the door behind her.

I walk over to the food and take it to the balcony. I watch as the maids tend to the plants in the garden and make sure everything is fine. I missed all this. Where areas were green and full of life. I was used to broken things. Things that was once coloured were faded. It was strange to find things in colour again.

I sigh as I get up and place my empty tray on the desk. As I move towards my closet, I spot something on my bed. I walk over and find that my clothes have been washed and fixed. There was a note on top.

Charlie

I asked the maids to wash and fix your clothes so you feel comfortable

Loki

I quickly change into the clothes and feel like myself again. I walk to the door of my bedroom and I get surprised as I see Loki standing there ready to knock. He puts his hand down and gives me a smile.

"My lady" he takes my hand and gives it a kiss.

"Prince Loki" I nod my head.

He looks down at me. "Call me Loki"

"Then you call me Charlie"

"Okay then. Charlie" he smiles. Then looks me over. "I see you got your clothes back"