IV.

''Allison!'' I stopped mid run, and saw Amar walking towards me. Zeke waited too but I signaled him to go.

''Amar''

''I want to talk to you about Four. He spends his days at the training room and nights at the fear landscape room. He never spends any time with other Initiates''

''And?''

''Befriend him. He's going to need it'' Amar put a hand on my shoulder giving it a pat and turn to walk away.

''Okay...''

After that, we were all sitting at our usual table when the Amity girl smiles at me and sits next to Four and across from me.

"That was surprisingly fun," she says. "I'm Mia''

''Nice to meet you'' I replied. As I was eating my food, I noticed Eric looking at me numerous times. Why?

We were all chatting and laughing when Amar approached us. ''Come on. A bunch of us are going to play a game tonight. A Dauntless game."

Four opened his mouth to say something but Amar interrupted him.

"I'm offering you some Dauntless status for no particular reason other than that I feel bad for you," he says. "Don't be stupid and miss this opportunity. It's Dauntless tradition''

"Fine," He says "What's the game?"

Amar just smiles and Zeke and I look at each other.

Moments later, I sit slouched against Zeke and sitting across me is Four. We're not the only initiates there are older dauntless members as well.

"The game is Dare." A Dauntless girl, Lauren, explains. In her free hand is a silver flask. Yes, she's drunk. "First person picks someone and dares them to do something. Then that person has a drink, does the dare, and gets a chance to dare someone else to do something. And when everyone has done their dare—or died trying—''

"How do you win?" one of the Dauntless calls out from the other side of the train car.

"You win by not being a little pansy cake," Lauren says. "And, hey, new rule, you also win by not asking dumb questions. I'm going to go first, as the keeper of the alcohol," she adds. "Amar, I dare you to go into the Erudite library while all the Noses are studying and scream something obscene."

He did. Minutes later, Amar turns, mooning them. The Erudite behind the desk run around it to catch him, but Amar pulls up his pants and runs toward us. We all start running, too, sprinting away from the doors and toward the train tracks with them still chasing us.

Next, was Shauna. They dare her to climb the sculpture in front of the Upper Levels building. She did. They continued to do so for a while. So far we've watched people scale tall structures, jump into dark holes and wander into empty buildings, run naked down alleyways and stick needles through their earlobes. Four was left. 

''I dare you to get a tattoo."

I look at Four and he lifts a shoulder.

"Fine."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

''Let's do this''

I was also asked to concoct a dare. It was a good thing I was the last person to go because they weren't able to think of one fast.

When I woke up the next morning I noticed I still had my clothes from yesterday. Last thing I remember was Four getting a tattoo. I looked around the room and noticed that everyone was already eating breakfast. I brushed my teeth and decided to take a shower. After a few minutes, I turned it off and stepped out putting a towel around my body. I just got out from the bathroom when I saw Eric -who surprisingly now has so many piercing in his lips- sitting on the end of his bed. He must have pierced it recently. For a quick moment, I could see the ink creeping over his wrists and arms and shoulders and throat. The metal studs through his ears, noses and eyebrows complementing his face. 

I kept on walking pretending he wasn't there. I walked over to my bed and dug into my duffle as I grabbed clothes to change into.

''What's going on with you and Four? You guys seem to be spending a lot more timetogether than usual''

 I frowned.

''Eric, right? You know, I get annoyed by idiots who pry so much into other people business'' I replied and felt Eric standing from the bed behind me.

I feel a tremor in my chest, nerves.

''Why Dauntless?'' Eric asks me, narrowing his eyes. The question caught me off guard.

''Why do you even care?" I stared at him intently and he just watched me then looked over at the group that was coming in from the cafeteria, then back at me. I rolled my eyes and when I was almost back to the bathroom, he reached out and grabbed my arm, tugging me towards him.

''I don't'' he replied flatly. I moved my head back slightly and felt his response throughout my whole body knowing it was true. I must have stood there for a couple of seconds because I didn't noticed Shauna standing next to me until she spoke.

''You're staring'' Shauna teased poking me with her finger but my intent gaze didn't change.

''I'm going to kill him''

''Who?''

''Eric'' I answer as I slipped into the clothes.

''You like Eric, don't you?''

What? I just gave her the I-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about look. 

''I don't'' I snapped. 

He was a jerk to me, how on earth could I possibly like him?