VII.

I kept hitting the punching bag over and over again. Tomorrow my opponent is Eric. I have seen him fight before so I decided to take some mental notes. 

I envisioned how I think it would look like. Going on against Eric will take skill I don't have; strength I haven't earned yet. He'll throw the first punch; his punches will be fast and coordinated. 

I haven't lost a fight yet, but I already had bruised ribs and a busted lip. Beating him will take more than planning strategies. A few of my knuckles were slip, cut from the impact with Ashley's face.

''What are you doing out of bed?'' I winced, knowing who the voice belonged to. He held the punch bag and pulled it aside and suddenly I was facing a not too pleased Eric.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, backing away from the bag, shaking out my hands.

"I'm fine, let it go" I put my hair into a high ponytail as he stood firm arms crossed over his chest glaring at me.

''What?''

''No, I'm not letting it go...you fainted.... that's not fine" I looked at him crossing my arms challengingly.

"I said let it go now" I said. My gaze cold and my tone sharp. He growled walking toward me, stopping directly in front of me.

His jaw clenched and I could tell his anger was clearly rising, things were going to get ugly really quick.

"Its none of my business.... hell I don't know why I even care but you better get your ass right back at the infirmary now whether you like it or not. You better prepare yourself and be less of an embarrassment tomorrow''

''Excuse me?'' I glared at him "I do not need rest. I'm not weak, so stop treating me like I am!''

''Maybe, but you clearly look like hell'' He said, his voice stern. ''I hope that when you lose, you don't use it as an excuse. Because I would have beat you anyway."

''Want to bet?'' I wanted to prove myself that I could take pain. I was red-faced and huffing, ready to punch him. Ready to punch the living shit into him.

''What's in it for me?''

''I'm serious''I sighed and wiped my face in frustration knowing there was no arguing with him.

''Fine but if something happens...I warned you'' He said pointing a finger at me before bursting through the doors of the training room.

A few seconds later, Zeke entered the room.

"Allison, what happened? You okay?''

''I'm fine'' I say, though I'm not.

He put his hand on my shoulder reassuringly I looked at him and gave him a small forced smile. He knew I felt helpless, and knew it aggravated me. Zeke knew about my habit, sometimes it was out of fun, sometimes it was out of boredom but moments like this, it was out of nervousness.

''Come on'' We went back to the dorm and saw Shauna sitting cross-legged on her bed.

"How are your fights going?" I ask her.

''All right," She waves a hand over her bruised face. "As you can clearly tell. Anyways, you look like hell...what happened?''

''You're the second person to tell me that today'' I rolled my eyes.

''Who was the first?''

''Eric'' I simply said.

''Eric?''

''Erm yeah'' I answered back slowly. ''He started questioning why I was working out when I should've been in bed. I don't get it''

''Oh, admit it already, you like him!"

''W-What? I do not" I glared at her.

"Don't lie" she told me as she sat down next to me.

''I'm not!''

''Shhh," someone cued.

This continued for about 10 minutes until, "ALRIGHT! Fine!'' I grumbled not happy about the confession. I'm not supposed to show an interest in him.

"HA I KNEW IT!!!!" Shauna gloated and I shushed her quietly.

''Sure fine whatever!'' She said as she moved back to her bed and got ready to sleep.

The next morning the transfer initiates and some of the Dauntless-born initiates were standing around the arena. Amar was in the center checking his watch. I didn't know what he was waiting for. I was told I was the first fight in the morning but he hasn't call me yet. Suddenly, Four bursts through a set of double doors.

"Nice of you to join us," Amar says. "Tie your shoes, and don't waste any more of my time."

''I expect this fight to be very entertaining'' A dauntless born commented.

''What do you mean?''

''He's going to fight Eric''

My eyes widened. I stand watching Four tying his shoelaces before looking across the arena, Eric cracks each one of his knuckles, carefully, staring at him the whole time. As soon as he's finished Eric rushes forward, fast, his fist hitting me square in the jaw. He stumbled back.

"This is easier than I thought it would be," Eric says.

Next punch. Four was really trying to keep calm but I knew it wasn't working. I stayed quiet. Four managed to uppercuts him in the stomach but the flat of Eric's hand smacked into Four's ear anyway, making him lose his balance.

"You know," Eric says quietly, "I think I've figured out your real name."

I frowned.

He hits him again, this time getting his face instead. Eric reached up to touch a small gathering of blood forming on his lip with a look of anger.

"Should I tell them? Get everything out in the open?"

''Shut up'' Four was suddenly blinded with rage. They both hit the ground with a thud. Four fist was connecting with his face over and over causing him to yelp out in pain. He began punching and kicking him getting even more pissed off by the second. Then we finally hear his screams, Eric was huddling down in pain while clutching his face with both hands. Blood soaks his chin, runs into his teeth and into his shirt. For a moment everyone paused. I stood completely still, stunned into silence to Four's reaction. That was brutal. Before I have time to respond he looks at me and walks out of the arena without being dismissed. I decided to follow him. Closely behind was Shauna and Zeke.

''Four''

''Not now, Allison''

''Hey. Eric was one of the undefeated ones and you just beat him'' Shauna said.

''Not now, Shauna''

''Eric's in the hospital. They think you broke his nose. You definitely broke one of his teeth'' Zeke said.

''Not now, Zeke''

Four continued walking away. I was right behind him when I turned around a corner and noticed we lost him. I sighed.

''Come on guys''