IX.

''How did the simulation go?'' Shauna asked me and I scoffed, debating if I wanted to go with details.

''Oh, you know, awful'' I said as I took a bite of my burger. ''I had roaches crawling all over my body. They're disgusting''

At the mention of revealing one of my worst fears, Zeke perked his head up.

''How many did you have?'' He said and pushed his tray away.

''I only went through three. I couldn't take it anymore''

As I was talking with Zeke and Shauna, I saw Eric stand up from his seat and walk towards my direction with his tray of food.

''Meet me in the dormitory in five minutes'' Eric whispers in my ear as he walks past me and continues walking away.

''Looks like someone will be busy." I rolled my eyes.

''I'm going to see what he wants'' I got up and threw out the remaining food on a trash can that was near the tables.

When I reached the dormitories, I found out that he wasn't there.

''Great. I'm being stood up''

''Oh I wouldn't do that to you doll'' I turned around and saw Eric, leaning against the door frame.

Before he could say a word again I said, "I thought we already discussed this?"

He smirked loving the fact that I hated being call doll. I glared at him wanting to smack him and wipe that smirk off his handsome face, 'God I can't believe I actually like the jerk...

''What is it with you today?''

''What do you mean?'' he asked.

''What do you want from me?''

''I don't want anything... can't I just be a friend?'' he said as sly smile crossed his face.

''No, you must have some other motives''

''Well, I'm not like that...''

I watch him with narrowed eyes, unable to deduce anything about him.

''Ok'' was all I said.

''Whatever. Why did you want to meet me here anyways?" I asked.

''I want to help you with your fear landscape''

''What? I believe you said: ''What a wimp, crying and all that'' before''

'''Listen, I didn't mean what I said earlier'' he said.

''Right, yeah you did, otherwise you wouldn't have said it''

Suddenly, he pushed me up against the wall behind us. ''Do you want to be able pass initiation? Yes, or no?'' That's when I noticed the small bruise on his cheekbones, his busted lip and the cut through his eyebrow.

''Yes or no?'' He asked as he leans over me with his face so dangerously close to mine. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I could feel his breath on my face, sending shivers down my spine.

I looked up at him; He looked at me with his green eyes and strangely all I wanted to do was lean forward and meet our lips together.

''I don't want nor need your help'' I managed to say.

He exhaled heavily, "Why are you so stubborn?''

''Why don't you understand I don't want anything involved with you?''

Slowly, he brought his hand towards my face, and used his finger tips to tilt my head up. Then he leaned down slowly, stopping briefly; eyes on my lips, but then moved away, leaving me disappointed.

''Alright'' He turned and started walking away.

''Wait'' I shouted making him stop dead in his tracks; his back still facing me. ''I need you to help me''

''I thought you said you didn't need my help.''

I sighed ''I want you to help me''

''Meet me by the chasm at eleven tomorrow. By that time everyone will be back to the dorm''

I let out a breath I didn't even knew I was holding as I ran my fingers through my hair.