Slithering Shadows

¤Slender's POV¤

It's been two hours since I brought the girl to my bed and let her sleep. She hasn't left the room so I decided to check on her.

Muffled and incomprehensible words reached my ears as I approached my bedroom door. Me being curious, I knocked then opened the door not bothering to wait for an answer.

The hooded child was snuggling in my black comforter and white sheets whilst talking to a black mamba that was wrapped around her left arm. Maybe the snake was a pet? Immediately the serpant noticed me and his shiny black eyes met my non existant ones. It's hissing voice spoke in my head. "Are you the one who took in my mistress?" Was that caring in it's hissing voice.

"Yes sir, may I ask who you are?" I questioned the scaly creature. The girl snuggling, now also with my grey pillow, chuckled.

"This is my pet, Darkness! Oh, and your bed smells amazing just like you!" She tipped before glomping me. The pure black serpant slithered off the child's arm and onto my shoulder.

"Thank you for taking her in. She's suffered more than most and it's good she can have family again." He whispered to me. Apparently he didn't want the girl to hear that. I rose my hand and stroked the snake's head. It leaned over to my hand and seemed to like my affection that I was displaying. "Oh, and you do smell nice. Like pine, leather, and musk." He smiled showing off his two long and sharp fangs.

"Well, let's go introduce you two to your new family!" I suggested as I lifted Darkness and gave him back to the kid. He instantly wrapped himself gently around his masters wrist and part of her arm. His head lieing comfortably in her warm palm. I escorted the two shadow creatures to the kitchen to meet the family.

------After Introductions 'Cause  They're. Boring------

Darkness and Mystery kept on following me around. I guess it's because they like me. Maybe they feel safe with me? I don't know! The girls arm was raised so that she and her snake were at the same eye level. I overheard their conversation about how interesting the words particles and potatoes were! I smiled. Of course no one could tell because if you hadn't noticed I have no face.

The two continued to follow me to my room. They instantly rushed inside and pounced on my bed, immediately snuggling with my blankets. They must really like my scent or have a bedding fetish... I think it's the first option. They immediately fell asleep.

The girl was lying on her stomach and her face in the mattress. (Seriously, half the time I don't even use my pillow, just smoosh my face straight into my leather futon. XD) Her pat was lying in a circle formation in the crook of her neck. Half of it was hidden away by her boyish styled, pitch black, hair. I like having them as my new children... well, child and snake! I smiled again before lying down on my extra cot that was hidden away. Slowly, the darkness took over and I fell asleep.