One Last Dance: the tale of Snow White

*ONE*

Snowy woke up with an aching body. She had spent the night tossing and turning. The passed refusing to let her subconscious go. Every night she had the same bad dream and she would spend half the night awake in bed. Last night she had danced herself to exhaustion before collapsing on the bed. The exhaustion had ensured a dreamless sleep for half the night before the passed caught up with her again. She got out of bed looking at the time. Great it was only five forty-five in the morning. She would jog a little to clear her mind before the day started. Putting on her grey sweats and a black tank top she made her way downstairs. Her room was one half of the attic in the house. It wasn’t the biggest of spaces but it was all hers and she enjoyed staying there. The morning chill had an invigorating bite to it that Snowy loved. She pushed herself to run three kilometres (nearly two miles) before turning back home. She took a quick hot shower not wanting to finish all the hot water in a household of so many people. Making breakfast was a really big task but she enjoyed doing the work. She had already made the bacon and eggs and was busy with the pancakes when the rest of house started to stir. Brandon as always was the first to wake up. He looked like he had less sleep than Snowy. His chocolate brown waves were messy and there were dark patches under his gorgeous blue eyes. He was only wearing his pyjama bottoms. Snowy watched the muscles on his chest and arms work as he stretched himself. His body was well toned for an overworked doctor. Snowy felt a blush rise as she snapped out of perving over Adam.

“Morning sleepy head” she said

“Morning, something smells great in here.” He said as he hugged her and kissed the side of her head.

“Thanks, I’m almost done with the pancakes.” Snowy told him

Just then Benjamin walked in already dressed. He had a permanent scowl on his face especially in the mornings. Adam and Snowy stopped talking and watched him as he walked towards the coffee machine. He poured himself the strong brew and drank it without milk or sugar. He drank his first cup quickly and poured himself a second cup.

“What?” he growled as he looked up and saw the two watching him

“Coffee is not good for you.” Adam said, “Especially when it’s that strong”

“When I need a doctor, I’ll go find one that’s not you.” Benjamin said to his brother. This was an everyday exchange and Adam always ignored Benjamin’s mean comments

“I’m done with the pancakes Ben.” Snowy said ignoring the two brothers’ exchange. Adam and Benjamin were a year apart in age and looked like twins. Benjamin’s eyes were a paler blue and he kept his hair short and neat. They were almost the same height at about two metre (over six ft). Benjamin wasn’t as well toned as Adam but he kept himself fit and healthy

“Shit I’m late again.” Caleb said as he walked into the kitchen.

“Morning” Caleb gave Snowy a big hug and picked her up from the ground. Snowy gave a loud yelp

“Caleb really?” Benjamin said being his grumpy self.

“Morning to you too big bro.” Caleb said slapping Benjamin affectionately on the shoulder. He then gave Adam a big grin and a high-five above Benjamin’s head.

“Here you go Caleb; I made you a breakfast-to-go. You are never on time.” Snowy said as she handed Caleb a brown bag

“You are an angel Snow.” Caleb said giving her a peck on her check. “Hasta Leugo mia familia.” He said leaving the kitchen.

“I’m gonna go wake Gideon up before he is also late for school.” Adam said also living the kitchen

Gideon was the youngest in the family at the age of ten.