Chapter Five

FIVE

Lisa was the first to see Frank after more than a week of being absent. It had actually been a surprise for Lisa. One Frank was a school before the first bell rang, two he was sober and lucid and three he was with this scary looking dude with tattoos on his arms. A part of her wanted to hide from him but he was her friend and she wanted to make sure he was okay.

“Hey Frank where have you been and how are you, your family has been worried about you. Even Ephraim came and asked us about you and you know he never talks to us.” Lisa asked as she rambled on. The guy next to Frank was making the hairs at the back of her neck stand.

“Lisa I’m so glad to see you.” Frank said as he hugged her catching Lisa by surprise. Frank never showed any affection for anyone ever. “You have to help. How much do you have?” he whispered in her ear.

Lisa looked at his pleading green eyes. His eyes were really amazing to look at when he was lucid. His chocolate brown hair was all dishevelled and he had stubble growing. Lisa felt her stomach churn a little. Long ago when she had first met Frank when they were fourteen she had had the biggest crush on him. This was just before he started using drugs and missing school. Now as she looked at him she felt her old feeling waking again. He looked so sexy she couldn’t take her eyes of him.

“Come on now Lisa, I’ll pay you back I promise. Plus I need to get rid of this guy.” He pointed to the scary guy next to him giving her a sexy grin.

Lisa almost swooned as he grinned at her. Gosh I am such an idiot, she thought to herself as she took out her wallet. But the thought of getting rid of the scary guy and potential saving Frank’s life was a good motivation. “You owe me big time for this Dwarf.” She said as she handed frank two hundred bucks. Frank grinned at her again.

Frank turned towards the guy next to him. Two hundred buck didn’t nearly cover his bill at all but he hoped it would buy him some time to try and find the money to pay back his tab. Boet stood next to him with a scowl on his face. He was also checking out Lisa. How he managed to do the two at the same time Frank didn’t understand. He looked at Lisa and he could understand why Boet was checking her out. Lisa had her long blonde hair in a ponytail; she had a heart-shaped face and freckles on her nose. She beautiful blue eyes and a cute nose. She always wore a mini-skirt with leggings or stockings. She was one of the hottest girls that Frank knew but she was also talkative and annoying. Still Frank would rather owe her money than Boet and his people. As he expected Boet wasn’t satisfied with the two hundred bucks but he took it telling Frank he would be back after school for the rest of the money. That gave frank the rest of the day to try and figure out a way to convince his brothers to save him again from Boet and his friends.

Lisa was still there when Frank was done with Boet. “You own me for that Frank. I don’t even have lunch money now.” She said starring at his eyes. Frank knew that look. Maybe he wouldn’t have to pay her back after all. He leaned closer to Lisa and kissed her

Lisa felt like she was going to swoon for real as Frank kissed her. His lips were soft but firm as they kissed her. She had once dreamt of kissing Frank but she had never imagined it would feel so good.

“We should get to class before we get into trouble for being late.” Frank said as he grinned at her

Lisa blushed at his statement, she hadn’t even heard the bell ring as he kissed her.

*************************************************************

Henry stood outside of the library at lunch time. He didn’t quite understand why he was so nervous all of a sudden. He opened the door and entered before he changed his mind. He didn’t have to look hard to find Snowy. She was at the front desk sorting through some books.