Chapter 13: Alone

I know, I just know everything is going to go terribly wrong tonight, I just have that feeling I also smell a tint of rancid meat, I twitched at the smell of the rancid meat because trust me no dog wants rancid meat let alone a human so that’s just a double negative. “Oh, friedriech I can’t wait to have so much fun with you at the dance” Katherine said as the group was walking to the castle “listen, Katherine if anything goes wrong. I need you to go with Ceo and Lea and get to a safe spot until Max, Alan and I say it is safe, ok?” she looked up at me, still holding tight to me “IF” a said to lighten her mood “I doubt anything will happen, so don’t worry” I said with a smile and to my surprise she smiled back “ok, I’ll stay safe” she said.

As We got closer to the castle, almost in its main gates but the smell of rancid meat was getting stronger, but when we entered the castle there were thousands of people all dancing to the sweet tune of classic dance music, “this is where the real music is” Alan said and max nodded, “well I like rock a lot” Ceo said quietly “I like metal more…or alternative metal” I said shyly, they all looked at me and laughed “well it doesn’t matter because we are here and here they are playing classical” Alan howled.

                We ran to a group of people that were dancing and we joined them, it was surprising how well I could dance because I was never able to. Katherine and I paired up and we started to dance, I looked over to see Alan and his girlfriend dancing also along with Max and a random girl and how can you forget Ceo and Lea, they were all smiling and having a blast when I realized I to was smiling at the feeling of Katherine resting her head on my chest, I heard a commotion and smelt what seemed to be blood I looked over to see a man that was in front of Alan fall to his knees holding his nose, I laughed knowing if it were going to be anyone to punch someone during a classical dance it was Alan, I looked at a clock and realized that in all this time we had been dancing for 1 and a half hours, I thought to myself “it has to happen soon….” I was interrupted by a huge BANG, the smell of rancid meat and a man with black wings like Alan’s come into to room “where is Friedriech Des Blitz!!” he shouted, the room was full of whispers, I stood there “Katherine, move over to Lea and Ceo” I said cautiously “what are you going to do?” she said worried, I looked right in her eyes and whispered “This is my final curtain call” I muttered, at that she shuffled over to Ceo and Lea, “I am right here!” I shouted and then I saw Alan look over at me wide eyed.

                I stood there waiting for the man to charge at me and to see my life slip away, but he didn’t. Then underneath me there was a huge pentagram, I jumped out of the way and then the man came out of the pentagram, “we have reasons to believe that you killed an entire team of no. 1 assassins, I stood there shocked, I couldn’t speak, “you and….Alan” he said looking over at Alan, Alan was as shocked as I was if not more, he whispered in his girlfriend’s ear and she ran off to Ceo and Lea with Katherine, the man continued “You also seem to have an enemy amongst you, Max” he then looked at Max, I knew what to say “what do you want?!” I said angrily, the man looked at me and said “I am Marc AKA Lucifer’s new right hand man AKA the one who will condemn you to death, Lucifer’s orders” he laughed then swung his blade at me and hit me with the hilt of the sword, I flew into a wall, people were running out of the castle screaming now and to my surprise, I could see still, maybe I grew a tolerance to high amounts of pain, I looked over to see Alan clashing swords with Marc and then I saw Max running at Marc, Max tackled Marc and then Marc disappeared and then re appeared in the air with his wings flapping causing large gusts of wind, I regained my ability to walk and then Alan smashed Marc in to the ground , Marc saw Max charging for a second time and turned around with a swing slicing Max across the chest, me and Alan knew Max was done, I got up and sprinted at the man, my skin started to burn and my blades turned a blood crimson, I charged at the man but then a wall of fire flew up in-front of me so that Marc could kill Alan and not have me interfere but this didn’t stop me, I kept running through the fire and tackled Marc, in the processes I sunk a blade into his arm, but with a cost I too was cut but only on my arm, Marc reappeared above me “Alan I need you to run!” I shouted, only to hear laughter “I cant leave you, you just saved my life!” he said as a large 6 foot blade was blocked by Marcs feathers, I laid there shocked, then Marc turned to Alan “you should have listened to the puppy” he said then unleashed a hellish fire and Alan was flung through a window, I knew Alan wasn’t dead but he was knocked out I saw him hit his head, then Marc looked down on me and went for a slash with a blade made up of pure red fire but to my awe I read his attack and slid out of his way, I jumped up and stared him in the eye, he then charged at me I ducked and sliced his hamstring “yeah, you like that huh?” I barked I took some of the blood off of my jacket and licked it off of my finger, I now felt enraged as I realized this blood was a mixture of Max and Alan’s, I charged at the man but his threw a kick into my chest and I was flung back, he then took his foot and kicked my under my chin, I began to taste blood, I laughed “come on now, I have had way worse” I spat, then Marc shot out a long stream of fire and some of it licked my arm causing a low level burn, I was starting to realize that Marc couldn’t hold out much longer until I was hit by an unknown force in my chest I went flying several hundred feet until I landed in the ground shattering all the tiles I bounced off of, finally I slid to a stop.

                From where I was laying I could see all the girls and Ceo watching me, I began to feel sorry that I was going to let them down “go! Run!” I shouted, I looked at Marc who had just summoned a few demons I knew I was about to die, the walked up to me and then started to stomp on my chest and threw one or two punches at my face, I was just going to lay here and let them have their fun, I knew I was dead there was no way I could fight them, until I saw chain linked blades wrap around a demons neck then a long sword plunge through the other I shocked two more then I saw Katherine stab Marcs legs twice with holy blades then get kicked by a flaming foot “run NOW!” I shouted, I looked at Ceo and said “thank you….” He got up grabbed the girls and ran away, I looked at Marc who was screaming and holding his legs, I took out my blades what were now dark blood red blades, “see the color of my blades?” I laughed as he looked at me pleadingly, “let’s see if your blut matches the color of my blades” I said bluntly then I put my blades into his chest and continued until his blood was spilled more than mine, Max’s and Alan’s, and once it did I put my blades up to his neck and cut his head right off.

                I stood up knowing that all my friends were gone Alan was gone, Ceo and the girls were gone. I had nowhere to go, I couldn’t hunt for jyro just yet. I needed to see my village first and tell them thank you and maybe stay there for a little while till I head out  for Jyro’s location….