The Dark Mark

Severus Snape had been having a perfectly good sleep when his forearm hurt badly, the alarm clock went off and he fell out of bed. He supposed the Death Mark was hurting him and that Voldemort wanted him. 

The alarm clock always rang at 7:00am and Severus usually turned it off, but this time he just shoved his face in a pillow and growled. Then at 8:45am, there was a pounding on his door.

"Severus Snape, open the door!" Professor McGonagall's voice ordered.

"Get lost, you ugly old scumbag," he yelled into his pillow, along with a whole other lot of rude names. 

She banged on the door, not caring in the slightest if he was in a bad mood. He would get up and go to breakfast. When McGonagall jerked open the door, Severus had gotten sick of the annoying beeping noise coming from the alarm clock and hurled it at the door.

McGonagall ducked just in time. The alarm clock shattered against the stone wall behind Minerva. She glowered at him and turning around, gave him one minute to get ready before he died.

Severus bolted out of the room with one shoe on and one in his hands. Minerva ran after him with fury in her eyes. Severus pushed open the doors to the Great Hall and flung his shoe at her in a desperate attempt to get her away.

"ALBUS, HELP ME!" He yelled, ducking as an angry hex sailed over his head. "YOU'RE GIRLFRIEND IS ABSOLUTELY BONKERS!"

"Me? Bonkers? You're the one who insulted me, threw an alarm clock and shoe at me!" Minerva fired back.

She waved her wand and Severus flew backwards into the Gryffindor's banner. Being thirty-five feet from the ground he immediately grabbed hold of the top of the banner. Luckily Snape was light, as the banner was not meant to hold up fully grown adults.

"ALBUS!" Severus screamed. "SHE'S GOING TO KILL ME!"

"I highly doubt that, Severus," Dumbledore said, trying not to smile. "I wouldn't let our favourite Potions Master die at the hands of Minerva, one of our most trusted teachers."

Severus glared menacingly at Dumbledore, then turned to Minerva.

"Here's what I think of you right now," he snarled.

And gave her the finger.

Colin Creevey snapped a picture, and Severus' glare turned to him. With his spare hand he drew his wand, muttered 'Accio camera' and it zoomed right into Severus' hands.' There was silence in the Great Hall, except for a loud, snorting laugh, coming from Harry Potter himself. His face was red from laughing and all but Dumbledore found this strange. The Boy Who Lived laughing at someone's expense.

Minerva stood below Severus with a smirk on her face. "Serves you right, you know."

"It most certainly does not!" Snape protested. "Get me down from here!"

"All you have to do is apologise," Minerva said, smiling sweetly at her colleague.

There was a loud snort from Dumbledore, which was quickly turned into a cough. He had sprayed pumpkin juice everywhere when he heard the words 'apologise' and 'Snape'.

"What? No way! Are you out of your mind?" Severus stared at her in shock.

"No. I am just putting you in your place." McGonagall smirked at him. "It looks like you'll be there a while."

"Just drop Severus," Albus chortled. "We'll catch you."

"You didn't last time," came Snape's childish reply. "And then because of that I broke my wrist and both my ankles."

At that, all the students burst out laughing. Severus muttered something so inappropriate that nearby students froze in shock. Dumbledore however, laughed quietly.

"Severus, there are younger students around you. Watch your language," Albus reprimanded him.

Severus swore at him as well.

"I hate you all."