Apologising

Minerva was purposely avoiding Severus so that he had to stay up with the banner. She even skipped lunch. When she walked into the Great Hall for dinner Severus was looking sulky and moody.

"You look like a teenager who didn't get their own way," Minerva grinned as she passed.

Once again she ignored the response from the foul-mouthed professor. Dinner was halfway through when there was a low hiss. Even in the noisy chatter it was noticeable, mainly because anything Snape did was noticeable.

He shoved his wand in the back of his pockets and clamped his hand around his left forearm, where the Dark Mark was. Dumbledore recognised the signs immediately and ordered Severus to apologise.

"I'm sorry," Severus muttered childishly, glaring grumpily at the floor.

"Properly," Dumbledore warned.

"Okay, okay. I'm really, really, super duper sorry that I chucked the alarm clock and shoe at you. Is that good enough?" He spat.

Then he gave a loud yelp. Minerva let him down and he ran from the Hall looking terrified.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit," he muttered under his breath.

There was a loud crack and then he was gone from sight.

"What was that about?" Ginny whispered to Harry.

Harry shrugged and continued eating. "I dunno."

Ginny scowled at him.