A blinded history

In this chapter, I'll be writing about Holly's past before she got into the accident and lost her sight. I'll be adding in some past stories after every few chapters so that you guys would know what's going on and stuff like that. I've been wanting to write more about the drama between Holly, Sylvia and Blake. It gets a little bit juicy in the middle part. So enjoy! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

Two years ago, senior year in high school.

‘Holly! Holly! Holly! Did you see that?’ Sylvia screamed at me from afar. I leaned back a little from my locker to see my bestfriend bounding over towards me, a huge smile plastered on her face.

A smile formed at my face when I saw her so happy. I grabbed some books for the second period and slammed my locker shut, turning to the left to face my bestfriend but she must’ve run the rest of the way because I was attacked by her hug. I gasped as her body hit mine, staggering to keep balance but she was too heavy and we ended up on the ground.

I groaned while she giggled, squeezing me on the ground. ‘What happened Syl? Do you really have to attack me now?’ I wheezed to her. ‘Can you like get off so I can actually breathe?’

She pouted at me cutely but stayed on top of me. If she keeps doing that, the others would think we are lesbians or something. I groaned and waited for her to speak, staring at the ceiling. I should just get comfortable on the floor.

‘He talked to me just-,’ she said and squeaked suddenly when she was pulled away from my body. I looked up to see my other bestfriend-Kenny at my rescue giving the both of us amused looks. ‘Kenny! Put me down! This is embarrassing!’

‘Hey Holly, are you alright on the floor?’ a new voice spoke to my right and Blake Greyson entered my vision. Blake Greyson, the all-star quarterback and Sylvia’s on-going crush. I raised an eyebrow at him and sat up, grabbing his outstretched hand to stand up.

Exchanging evil glances with Kenny, I noticed Sylvia was flushed red with embarrassment. I smirked. ‘Is this how it feels like to be tackled?’ I asked him instead. He tilted his head to the right and frowned at my question. ‘Because it hurt like a bitch.’ With that, I placed a hand on the back of my head and grimaced.

Blake and Kenny laughed at me, shaking their heads at my antics. Sylvia weighed a ton even though she was a cheerleader. I thought cheerleaders are supposed to be light. Suddenly, Blake reached out a hand and massaged the bump on my head. ‘Next time, you can wear my helmet. So you don’t have a concussion the next time Sylvia tackle you to the ground,’ he said with a smirk.

My eyes widen and my heart skipped a beat at his words. That wasn’t expected at all. Awkward tension filled the atmosphere and Sylvia’s eyes were round with shock. Jealousy slashed across her face and I felt bad, I quickly pulled his hand down and stepped away from him.

‘Err…I don’t plan in getting tackled all the time, it’s not exactly pleasant,’ I murmured softly, looking at everywhere but not at Blake. ‘So…let’s get to class then.’ Scowling to myself, I reached down to gather my books, pencil box and my calculator. What is Blake doing? Didn’t he know that Sylvia has a huge crush on him? She practically confessed to him last fall. I plastered a fake smile on my face as I stood up to face them.