A blinded shock

Two years ago.

I sighed as I stood outside his apartment.

I had agreed to help him with his guitar skills and it’s not going anywhere. He was as stubborn as a mule and I had to keep telling myself to stay calm. We had already bought him his new guitar and I was still trying to help him the basic chords. It was disastrous.

I pressed the bell and waited.

I just need to get this done and over with.

Easy.

The door opened to reveal Blake with only his faded jeans on and a smirk on his face. My heart thudded in overdrive. This wasn’t easy at all, not when he’s half naked and showing off his toned body in my face. I mentally slapped myself and gritted my teeth, controlling myself as I stared at his eyes.

He had his hair down again, framing his pale face. His stare was incredible, I couldn’t tear my eyes away from his dark eyes. I cleared my throat and pushed my way through, panicking a little at the intense stare of his. I can’t keep doing this. I sighed and made my way towards his sofa, sinking into the soft material.

This boy is so hot I’m going crazy.

Especially when I know he loved me but this is crazy. I’m crazy. I’m going crazy. My thoughts are getting frantic and I couldn’t make any sense of what I was thinking. I’m going crazy! I let out a strangled growl and ran both hands through my hair, telling myself to shut the fuck up.

‘Holly, are you alright pumpkin?’ he asked me, frowning a little as he walked towards me and holding onto two cokes.

‘I’m fine,’ I managed to choke out as I took the can from his hand shakingly. He smirked at my nervousness and I had to roll my eyes at him before downing the drink quickly. Gasping at the sudden carbon content, I coughed. That’s bad.

He chuckled.

‘Come on let’s get this started,’ I told him sternly, trying to settle my raging heart. I sighed and rubbed my palm into my aching temple. I watched him get his guitar from the case in his room and plug in the amp that we had bought together. He started tuning it by ear and played a few tunes, some of his strings were still not perfectly tuned yet so I came up behind him.

I rested my chin on his shoulder and brought my arms around him, gripping the knobs as I turned his guitar strings until it was perfectly tuned. I strummed it for a moment, turning some again until every string was tuned. I noticed his body was rigid and I smirked, lingering my arms on his waist before moving away.

He shuddered at the touch and my smirk got deeper. I loved teasing him. I instructed him to play the basic chords, going up the scale and down, letting him practice strumming over the strings and letting his fingers run. He was a little bit stiff and I told him to relax but he stiffened instinctively.

I sighed again and grabbed his right hand, rubbing the tension off the muscles. His eyes widen a little but a small smile was playing on his lips as he sucked in a breath. ‘Right so, relax your wrist there and you’re good to go.’