A blinded future

My alarm was ringing shrilly in the distance.

I mumbled about getting a real lightsaber and just slashing the damn clock into two or better get the Force and stop the clock without getting out of bed. The alarm kept ringing and ringing, I groaned and threw an arm over my head. I mumbled a swear word to the inanimate object but didn’t move to do anything to stop it.

The arm below me moved, making me groan again for the fifth time for the day. A face pressed onto the small of my back and an arm was carelessly thrown over my waist. I lay there sleeping, wishing for the day to move without me but I was thrown wide awake when I was manhandled out of the bed.

I started cussing and swearing, struggling to get back on bed when my foot was being held onto someone strong. I let my breath gave way when my back left the bed and landed on the floor with a heavy thump. I lay there winded for a moment and then I heard sniggering at my feet.

‘Fuck you Kenny!’ I yelled at him and rolled around to get to my feet, feeling my way up. ‘You don’t have to do that you know! I hate you!’

‘Aww, I love you too Holly bear. Come on! Get your ass in the bathroom! We got somewhere to go today! Alexis and Jeremy are coming along too!’ Kenny chirped from somewhere near my left and started pushing me towards the bathroom. ‘I’ll pick out something nice and thick for you to wear since it’s snowing already.’

‘It’s snowing?’ My ears had pricked up when he told me it was snowing. I loved snow! I made a sound of happiness and quickly went into my bathroom, locking the door behind me. I got out of the bathroom, fully awake and wet with a towel wrapped around my body. I padded over towards my bed which I knew it has already been made by Kenny.

I ran a hand over the comforter and grabbed the articles of clothes that Kenny had picked out for me. I was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a thick woollen sweater over a shirt before stuffing my feet down a pair of high cut converse. I grabbed the cane that was placed on the bed and ran a hand through my hair before jogging down the stairs.

Unfolding the cane, I made my way towards the kitchen. Upon reaching the place, I could hear a lot of voices speaking over the other and I had to wonder how many people were there already.

‘Holly! Your hair!’ Kenny exclaimed from where he sat suddenly, making him sound like a father. ‘Come here! Right now before I go there and force you.’

I sighed heavily, he’s acting all motherly towards me again. I knew he was taking care of me and such but this is ridiculous. But not wanting to make him angrier anymore, I strode towards where his voice was. I passed by people I recognized and I heard sniggering as I knew some were watching.

I still had no idea how many people were in my kitchen.

I felt his arm grab mine and he pulled me until I was facing him. I knew because I can feel his stare on me and his breath on my face. He started mussing my hair and pushing back the fringe that had fallen over my eyes. He ran a hand through my hair which was already reaching past my shoulders. He patted my head a little and started steering me towards somewhere.