Ch. 4

"Now, explain yourself," is the first thing that comes out of my mouth once the mess was cleaned up. Ryan tried to leave not 1,2, or even 5 times; he tried to leave 10 times in the 5 minutes it took me to clean up. Every single time ended up with me glaring at him until he sat back down on the couch.
             Ryan fidgeted so much that you'd think I was cop interrogating him for National Security. He doesn't really need to be worried though. If it was one of my other siblings, they would have made Ryan extinct....Well not that bad, but still really bad.
              "Promise you won't tell anyone? Especially not Mya," he asked. Oh boy. This must be really serious. "Ok, I Prince promise not to tell anyone," I look him straight in his hazel eyes.
                 In our family, we all have different eye colors. Jared and Joshua have rich brown colored eyes, like our dad. As does Ricky. Mya has green eyes while I have blue blue eyes, like our mom. I have no idea where Ryan got his hazel eyes from, but they were really bright as I spoke my Prince promise.
The Prince promise had been made right when Ricky was born in 2012. Ryan had taken me to a Bruno Mars concert while everyone else was at the hospital. The artist Prince had come to the performance; He went out on the stage! (( I have no idea if this has ever actually happened, but if it has plz comment with it)). And Prince promised to sing a song with Bruno Mars right when Ryan promised to get me a signed T-shirt from the gift area. So now Ryan and I use the "Prince Promise" whenever it's something really serious.
He blushed even more but nodded. "I am kind of sorta...," he trails off with a mumble and looks at his hands. 'Don't get mad. Don't get mad. He's just really nervous." I chant in my head. "You are kind of sorta doing what exactly?," I asked him. Ryan looked up and held my gaze as I gave a hopefully encouraging smile. "I'm working with Diana," he whispered.
                     I just look at him. THAT'S what he is so nervous about? Seriously? "How are you working with her? Doesn't she work at the local vet clinic or something?," I ask him. Ryan nods his head,"She does, and I am working there too along with my job at the bar. I am one of the front desk clerks." Oh no. He did it again. Ryan has gotten 2-3 jobs before so that he could give our family good things. Even though we are getting along just fine with the bar job income and the money our parents left us.
             "Nope," I said while I crossed my arms. He just looked at me weirdly. " 'Nope' what?" He asked. "You are not having two jobs. At the bar or at the clinic. Pick one, because you are not taking both," I said sternly. Ryan just stared at me confused," Say what?" Oh my word, he still doesn't see it. "You. Are. Not. Having. More. Than. One. Job. Got it? The last time you had multiple jobs, you ended up collapsing from exhaustion. Do you not remember staying at the hospital? None of us want that happening again. Even if you think we need the money. We don't, by the way. So you are either working at the bar or the clinic, your choice, but you are not working at both," I stare straight into his eyes, silently challenging him to argue with me on this.
So you may now be wondering why a 14 year old girl is telling her adult brother what to do at the moment. Well, this is how our family works:we all talk to each other and we all have a say in what effects all of us. For example, if Ryan thinks he is going to get another job and one of us disagrees we can say something about it with full honesty. No one gets into trouble when they do come out and say what they are thinking on the subject, but Ryan always has the option to ignore what we say and do as he wants (he is still the man of the house).
He just starts nodding his head and gets up to leave. I don't say anything as I watch my show. As long as he at least thinks about what I said I am good.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Ryan's POV (a few seconds after the conversation with Raleigh)

What in the world is she thinking? It really wouldn't be so bad if I took on another job. I mumble to myself and walk out the door.
It would mean more money for the family plus I would be able to see Diana even more. My heart starts beating faster just at the thought of her. We used to have some of the same courses in college, but she had to switch classes. So now we don't really get to see each other very often. I really can't wait to see her."Nothing bad will come from working there. It will actually be better," I leave the house with that thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So it took a while to finally finish this chapter. Hope you guys enjoy Ryan's point of view.

Hasta luego chicos. 😋😋