Hour Four

Ellis

I guess I'm showing off just a little bit for Thea. I mean who wouldn't? She would literally be lost if I weren't here and the feeling of knowing everything while she is in a new world is exciting.

I'm leading us down avenues that no one is on to crowded streets full of bars and live music.

The thick humid air is starting to thin as we get closer to the morning and it feels good to be out here doing something I wouldn't normally be doing with someone brand new.

"How old are you?" I ask.

"Is that the question you're asking?"

"Of course not!" I stop walking and she turns to look at me, a smirk playing on her full lips.

I say, "that isn't a question that you would be nervous about answering, or a secret, or any part of this game."

"Maybe it is a secret."

"It would only be a secret if you are under sixteen or over twenty-five," I argue.

She laughs. Thea laughs with no restraint. It has been this loud noise within the silent streets or a noise that I seem to be able to pick out even within a crowd. I like that she isn't embarrassed when she snorts or has to take a deep breath before diving back in.

"How did you come up with that?"

"Well," I say and begin walking towards my destination, "under sixteen would be sort of creepy for me, you know? and over twenty-five would be sort of pathetic for you?"

She fake gasps, "some women think it's an accomplishment when they get a younger guy. Not that I have or anything, but you know what I mean. This is all hypothetical anyway and whatever." She says rolling her eyes.

I can't help but smile at her, "It's an accomplishment when the woman is like forty and gets a twenty-something year old. Not when the woman is twenty-six and gets a twenty-two year old."

"Ah, you're twenty-two?" She asks.

"Maybe. Or I'm sixteen and you're the pathetic one."

"Or you're thirty-five and a pedophile," she challenges.

We both laugh again because it is so easy between us and I'm not sure if that's because we've kept everything easy. We don't know each other, we don't know anything other then we have one night to do whatever the hell we want and we are going to take that risk.

"I'm twenty-one," Thea admits.

"I am twenty-two."

"You weren't drinking at the bar so I wasn't sure. And I want to take you here," I say looking up at the bar we've finally stumbled upon.

She looks at the exterior, the graffitied brick and lack of windows, or maybe she is noticing the emptiness of both the street and the lack of noise coming from inside. Thea looks back at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Do you trust me?"

"I guess," She sighs and I open the door.

The bar is completely empty except for the bartender that is wiping the dark wooden bar down. He looks up at us when we walk in and smiles, "Hey Ellis. Can I get you two anything?"

I look at Thea and she says, "just water, please." He grabs a glass and fills it then goes to grab a lemon, "no lemon, thanks."

"You told her the poop thing, didn't you?" Carter places two glasses of water down.

"Yup," I laugh and say, "this is my brother, Carter."

"I'm Thea," She says now visibly nervous. I didn't take her here to meet my brother because that is a bit weird and I don't think a three hour sort of friendship requires the meeting of the family.

"Can we borrow your bike?" I ask.

"Where're you going?" He asks continuing his end of the night clean-up routine.

Thea answers, "we're exploring."

"It's her first time in The City," I explain further.

He nods and holds out the keys.

I grab the keys and lead her around back to Carter's motorcycle.

"No, no, no," she says as soon as she sees it, "I thought you were talking about a real bike."

"Do you want to go back to the subway with the rats?" I ask my eyes wide like the rats could be anywhere.

She looks at me, then to the bike, "I think I might choose the rats, plus I didn't see any."

"I did."

"You did not!"

I shrug.

"Fine," she takes a deep breath and says, "but first we need to ask our questions!"

"Okay you first," I say.

"We'll start easy. Do you have a girlfriend?" She asks while wiggling her eyebrows up and down, "I need to know if I'll have someone to fight later on when I take you home."

I laugh, "When you take me home? And no I don't. I'll ask the same question."

Her eyes lose a little bit of the light that has been shining all throughout our adventure so far, "no, I don't." She looks towards the ground then back to me, "just so you know that was cheating. I will allow it this time but next time come up with your own question."

"Yes ma'am," I salute her and she laughs and snorts then grabs the helmets and places one on my head. It falls off and hits the concrete with a loud bang that seems to vibrate through the night.

"Oops."

I put my own helmet on. She takes out the knot of hair letting it fall down to the middle of her back before putting her helmet on too, "well lets go!"

And we go.

**Now they have a way around the city besides public transportation! YAY!

Next hour will be fun!!! ;)

Please keep voting and commenting!

-Brooke