Epilogue

Thea

Three days after Ellis left I'm due to leave New York and head back to Michigan. I walk out of Blake's room with my suitcase in my hand to find Blake making coffee.

"We don't have to be at the airport for a few hours. I figured we'd fit in a few more things before you have to go," she says.

I feel bad for not really being around this trip. That I spent two days with Ellis, then crying over Ellis, then the rest of the time moping around not wanting to do anything even remotely fun.

"I'm going to him," I say.

Blake turns around, her eyes wide, "okay. Your parents know?" she asks now pouring us each a cup coffee.

"Yes. They think I'm insane but I'm twenty-two and I can do what I want."

"When do you have to be at the airport?" She asks.

"I have to go see Ellis' brother first. I don't have any of his information and I want to surprise him. Can you take me there?" I ask my heart pounding in my chest.

We finish our coffee and make our way to Brenden's apartment. I'm hoping he is home or my whole plan will be postponed. I

Guess I can ruin the surprise and contact Ellis myself.

***

I knock on the door without any hesitation, "Thea?" Brenden says opening the door.

"I need Ellis' address. You have that, right?" I ask.

"Yeah. You're going?" He asks.

I nod.

He pulls me into a tight hug, "thank God. You are perfect for each other! I knew it as soon as you two walked in together."

I laugh and roll my eyes, "I think we should spend a bit more time together before planning the wedding."

He laughs. It sounds like Ellis' and it makes my heart hurt a bit, "when you know you know, Thea. Do you know?"

I shrug, "I know."

"Well then, lets get you that address."

When we get back to Blake's apartment we have no time to waste. I print out my boarding pass and an email from my dad and get all of my things together.

"Clothes?" Blake asks.

"Can I borrow?" I ask throwing the clothing that I brought to New York with me back in my suitcase.

Blake nods and starts rummaging through her closet.

"If I'm gone longer than I plan I will ship these back and have my parents send me mine."

"It doesn't matter," she says, "I'm happy for you."

"Thanks," I say, "ready?"

***

The plane lands in the early morning. Italy is a whole different world and I just want to take every single detail in. But I want to do that with Ellis.

I rush to find a cab and do my very best to tell the cabdriver Ellis' address. We are at his apartment before I'm ready. I'm nervous. I've never been nervous to see Ellis. We have never had a chance to get the whole butterflies in your stomach thing for each other.

I can't wait to experience everything with him.

My heart is racing when I run up the stairs and to his front door. I knock and wait.

He opens the door and his pretty blue eyes widen and he smiles bigger than he's ever smiled at me.

"Ellis," I say.

"Yes?" He says reaching out to touch my cheek. I turn my head to kiss his palm quickly before I speak again.

"My parents think I'm completely crazy for coming here and maybe I am. But I don't care. I hated not being with you."

"I missed you," he says interrupting me. I can't help but smile at him. And I know from these few minutes together that I made the right choice.

I continue, "My dad visited Italy a few years ago with his brothers and he emailed me everything we have to see," I say holding out the papers I printed out. "So Ellis, can I guide you around Italy for way longer than 30 hours?"

He answers me with a kiss that is absolutely perfect as he pulls me inside his apartment.

"I'd love for you to be my tour guide, Thea."

"I love you," I blurt then cover my mouth with my hand before I start laughing.

He laughs, "I love you too."

And we head out on our second adventure together. This time without a time constraint.

***
And we are officially done!!!
I couldn't end it sad!

Thank you guys so so much for reading, commenting, and voting on this story it means so much to me.

I hope you guys will follow me over to my next story Opposite Reaction :)

-Brooke