11 ࿂ gold-rimmed pupils

The walk seemed longer than ever, and Zolita was beginning to become annoyed. She only agreed to this mission on the pretense of being able to leave her cell and see again, but it was starting to seem like the whole thing wasn't worth it. The only person keeping her sane was Harley, with her bubbly rantings about random topics. Everyone else seemed to stick to themselves. Flag, however, was burning a hole into the back of the stripper's head.

     Zolita knew that he wanted to talk again, but she didn't want to talk anymore. She just wanted to get the mission over with and see her kids once again.

     Sighing, Zolita examined her surroundings. The city was evacuated and eerily empty. It was strange to see such a large and domineering city cowering at the wrath of an extraterrestrial force.

     "What's that?" Floyd asked, pointing past a group of abandoned cars. Zolita squinted and saw a tall creature made of bulging black skin. It stood still in the middle of the street, and stared at the group.

     "It was human." Zolita informs them. "I feel its thoughts, but they're distant."

     "Why isn't it moving?" Captain Boomerang questioned, itching his beard.

     "We aren't moving either," countered Zolita before approaching the creature.

"No offense, but you are literally the only person here without weapons." Floyd called out. "You are the last person that should be approaching- oh, and it's attacking you."

The creature growled before lunging at Zolita. The girl stumbled to the ground upon impact, and looked for its eyes. She held its skull in place and mumbled, "stop," despite being unaware of where its eyes were.

The creature paused for a moment before attacking her once again. Zolita struggles with its weight, and attempted to control the creature once more. "Stop!"

     The creature stopped and stared at Zolita. Then, it lost control of its body and fell on top of the stripper. With a grunt, the Latina pushed it off of her. Zolita stood and brushed some debris out of the back of her thighs.

     She then turned to the group. "Whatever these things are, they're connected to some sort of power," informed the Latina. Zolita never had to command someone twice. The stripper assumed that the external power source was the witch that Flag could not stop thinking of.

"Look out!" Flag yelled, and Zolita groaned as she was attacked by another creature. The sudden attack sent the girl flying to the ground, and she cut her cheek on the rough pavement. Harley quickly came to the Latina's aid and hit the creature with her bat.

The blonde leaned down and helped Zolita up. The two rushed back to the group, where Flag quickly handed the stripper a handgun. Zolita planted a smirk on her face as she examined the metal. Then, she whipped around and helped shoot the creatures that were approaching them from every angle.

Zolita managed to shoot a few before she ran out of ammo. As she reloaded, she watched as Floyd stepped forward and began to independently kill them all. Zolita was impressed at the man's skills and watched as he flawlessly murdered all of the remaining creatures.

When they were all dead, Flag stood to his full height. The creatures seemed to target him the most. Despite this, he approached Zolita. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," chuckled Zolita with her eyebrows raised. "You were the one getting fucked up."

"You're bleeding." Flag points out.

Zolita brings a tentative finger to her cheek, and wipes off a smear of blood. There was a large gash in her cheek from her fall earlier, and she would definitely need stitches. As she wiped the cut again to clean off the remaining blood, the edges of the wound glimmered gold. Flag, who was standing awfully close to the criminal in an attempt to access her injury, furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.