10 ࿂ brain matter

Zolita sat directly next to Flag on the plane, despite the soldier pointing for the criminals to sit on the opposite side of the isle. The stripper smirked as she buckled herself in, and Flag could only sigh. When the other villains began to talk amongst themselves, Zolita took the opportunity to catch up with Flag.

     "Long time, no see." Zolita introduced. The girl clicked her tongue then leaned back into her seat. "It's been, what? Four years?"

     "Five." Rick corrected. The man shifted uncomfortably in his seat, and then made sure the other villains were not eavesdropping. "Is Emilia alive?"

"Why wouldn't she be?" Zolita scoffed. "Are you doubting my abilities as a mother?"

"I mean, you dropped off the face of the Earth." Rick chastised the woman. "That isn't exactly what the mother of the year would do."

"How would you know? You're a man," criticized Zolita. "I carried that baby for nine months I think I know what's best for her."

"Her dad-"

"Is dead." Zolita finished for the soldier. The woman then smirked widely, and turned to face the soldier. Rick was already looking at her when she turned. "But you already know that, don't you?"

"Don't tell Amanda." Rick breathed out, gripping onto his seat tighter.

"Tell her what?" Zolita taunted. "That you-"

"You're late." Rick interrupted as another woman joined the group on the plane. Zolita visibly deflated at the interruption, but quickly masked her defeat with a beaming smile.

     The woman responded in another language, and Zolita didn't even bother to try to translate her words. Instead, she listened as Rick introduced the woman. "This is Katana. She's got my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke." Rick paused, licked his lips, then continued. "I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims."

     Everyone sat in silence for a moment, and Zolita kicked her legs back and forth like a child. Harley was the first to make a move. The blonde smiled widely and outstretched her hand. "Harley Quinn, nice to meet ya! Love your perfume! What is that? The stench of death?"

     Katana paused for a moment and gauged the situation in front of her. She then spoke again, but this time Zolita was quickly able to translate it using her powers. "Should I kill them now?"

     "Woah, easy cowgirl. It ain't that kind of a mission, have a seat." Rick instructed, motioning towards the remaining open seat next to Zolita. The stripper patted the soft leather with a slight smile, and Katana had no choice but to sit next to the criminal.

     When Katana was fully strapped in, Zolita stared at the woman for a moment. Then, the woman asked a question that she knew would be insensitive. "How is the widowed life treating you?"

     "Zolita!" Rick hissed under his breath. The stripper turned to look at the soldier, and she pouted.

     "You are no fun, Flag." Zolita whined. The stripper turned back to face Katana. "Anyways, I can sense your husband even though he's not here. That's kind of fucking weird considering that is out of my realm of power, but, what the fuck do I know?"

     "His soul is in the sword." Rick whispers just low enough so Katana could not hear.

     "Oh, shit. I'm being insensitive, aren't I?" Zolita cackled a bit. The woman then awkwardly reached her hand over to Katana's. "I'm Zolita. No last name."

     Katana did not respond, rather she just stared at the criminal. Zolita just awkwardly nodded and retracted her hand before sitting silently once more.