\Odd/

We're odd.

I don't say things I don't mean.

I know what you mean, even if you don't say things.

I don't say mean things.

Things don't mean what we think they mean.

I mean,

I didn't say what I thought I meant.

I meant for you to say something better, so I said something I didn't mean.

I thought about what you said, and I'm saying what I think you want me to say and not what I want to say, which means I don't mean what I'm saying.

You say goodbye, and don't mean it. A year later, you say hello and don't mean it. I thought you wanted me. Or do you mean to make me think this way?

I mean to say a thesaurus to you, but I want you to think I'm doing this on purpose. So you don't think you're responsible for what I'm about to do.

You said three words and tipped heaven to my knees. Now I say three words and curse you forever.

I am falling.

I thought this would be painful; at least that's what they said. Didn't they mean it? Or did they mean it, for they never knew what it feels like?

I hit the rim of the ocean and definitions are left teetering over the railings above.

One thought gasps above every other.

I mean this.

He said I was better off dead. And I'm closing the loop.

As lungs are filled with alien molecules

A familiar rush of euphoria slinks through my roots.

Happy for being alone.

Happy for burning his home.

Happy for me.

Happy for the misery.

And now,

he's alone.

He's one.

he's odd.

And we're even.