Prologue

No one ever told me about what lied beyond the magical barrier of the Isle of The Lost other than the obvious being descents of the all-good royal families that live in Auradon. But no one bothered telling me that once I'm actually there that I'd have to go through the whole "history repeats itself" thing. Having to deal with all of my friends coming to Auradon was one thing, but having to go back to the Isle of the Lost to take care of old family business just seemed like too much to happen to a random, average girl like me.

But, see, there's the problem. I'm not average or random considering everyone knows my parents which makes them know of me as well. And the fact that I just saved Auradon from one of the greatest villains of all time doesn't exactly make my name hide in the shadows either. I just defeated Maleficent and found out about powers that I got from my evil father that I lives on an island that I lived on for most of my life without even knowing he was there. Yeah, definitely not average.

Now, I have to go back there to confront my father and have him teach me the ways around my newfound powers. However, my problems at Auradon are still, well, problems. It has been a few months since the attack from Maleficent and Spring Break is coming in a week. I'm in a happy relationship with Jay, the boy I've been in love with since I can remember. Everything is going just fine but of course that never lasts for long. Ben has been trying to convince me not to go, but his lectures always end up going in one ear and out the other. It's not that I don't respect Ben or his opinion (especially now that he is officially king) but I don't think he's seeing my situation the way I do. And of course Jay isn't all that fond of it either but he's at least trying to see where I'm coming from.

"Ellie, I understand that you have to go back on the island, I do. But I don't want you to go by yourself. Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?", Jay asked, leaning against the wall in your room. He was watching you pack your things for your week, or longer, trip. I could see him scowling at me in my peripheral vision, knowing that he's still not too happy about this.

I continued putting my belongs in my suitcase and said, "I can handle myself  just fine, Jay. I think you have forgotten that I've lived on that island just as long as you have. I know my way around, and I know the people. No need to worry about me."

I heard footsteps come up behind me and arms wrap around my waist just as I was about to close to bag up. I leaned against Jay's back as a felt his arms protectively hold me in place.

"I know, Ellie. I just don't want to see you get hurt. Even when you were living there you were never the type of person to fight or handle the other villains on your own. I want to make sure that when you go back that there's someone there to protect you just in case something happens.", he said in your ear as I leaned my head back against his shoulder.

"I'm not some damsel in distress. Put your trust in me when I say that everything is under control. I'll be back before you know it and then you can be my knight in shining armor all you want. But I have to do this. I need some kind of closure with my hidden past, and if meeting my dad and getting him to help me with these," I looked down at my hair which was it's original natural blonde color and down at my hands that held the most unknown powers to even myself, "these powers that I have no control over. You have to understand why I'm doing this, okay?" I turned around in his arms to put my arms around his neck to look into his chocolate brown eyes. I put my head on his chest and he pulled me even more closer to him if that were possible.

"Okay.", he mumbled against my ear.

"I promise I'll try to stay out of trouble. Believe me, I wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for my current situation. I'd love to just stay here with you and just pretend like none of this ever happened-"