6

After Jay left Ben's office he immediately went back to his dorm. He felt like the only person he could talk to about this was Carlos, knowing that if Evie or Mal were to find out Ellie was on the Isle with Harry they'd instantly try to get her back. Whereas, Carlos wouldn't instantly jump into action, but instead think it through.

He swiftly entered the room and slammed the door shut making Carlos and Dude's heads go up. Fear was laced in their eyes until they saw Jay's face and then they continued doing whatever they were doing before.

"Thank goodness, it's just you. I thought Chad was coming back in here to try to use our 3D printer for the sixth time. That guy seriously needs to stop finding a way to get a key to our room-", he looked back up to see Jay not really paying attention to him, "Hey, what's up with you?"

Jay's eyes widened and shook his head. "Uh, nothing, it's just-"

It was at that moment Jay remembered what Ellie told him a month ago. She was in the library trying to find information about Hades while Jay was still trying to convince her not to go. Like he thought, she didn't budge.

She was struggling to reach a book on Gods and Goddesses on the top of the book shelf while saying, "Jay, we've been over this many times. I'm going. End of discussion." She continued reaching for it to the best of her ability by jumping.

Before she could embarrass herself even more Jay picked her up, allowing her to successfully get the book in her reach. After she grabbed it Jay carefully put her down, and she turned around with a smile on her face. "Thanks, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You probably go off and do something stupid, like oh I don't know putting yourself on the most dangerous island ever.", Jay put a look of fake realization on his face before continuing, "Oh wait, you're already doing that."

She rolled her eyes and walked away, but before she could get far he grabbed her arm.

"Ellie, I'm serious. You can't just pick up and leave. What about everyone else? They are going to be worried about you."

"Keep your voice down, the less people that know the better.", Ellie said in a hushed tone. She received many 'shh' and 'shut it' from people from people nearby. "Oh yeah, and we're also in a library so you might want to stop talking so loud."

Before Jay could make one of his witty comebacks she turned around and walked away. Of course, he followed her to the best of his abilities. He got glares from people as he made not-so-subtle stomps across the library. He paid them no attention though since his one mission was to catch up to the stubborn blonde. He finally slowed down seeing her sit down at an empty table with a pout on her face. He sighed and walked up to the table to take a seat. They didn't say anything to each other at first making the tension in the air unbearable.

"Ellie-"

"End of discussion, Jay.", she muttered, opening the index of her book to find Hades.

"But-"

"End. Of. Discussion.", she looked up at him through gritted teeth and a hard glare. She saw the scared look in his eyes as her hair slowly started to turn red. Her cold stare soon turned soft as she let in a deep breath, trying to keep her calm composure in tact. Thus, making her hair fade into blue and then her natural blonde locks. She reached her hand out to him from across the table, pushing the book to the side. "I'm sorry. I know you're just trying to look out for me, and I appreciate it. But Jay nothing you say is gonna make me change my mind about this. I have to go see him."

The charming thief looked down at their interlocked hands and said under his breath reluctantly, "I know."

He noticed you grabbed the hand attached the wrist with the blue string around it. He felt his heart beat a little faster at that, but then realized your red string was not. Ever since you cut it off out of rage in the kitchen months ago you've never really replaced it, and it never really bothered him until that moment. But he knew not to bring it up. Another problem for another time.

"Look, about the others finding out... they don't have to know. What they don't know won't hurt them." She shrugged, playing it off like it was no big deal when they both knew it was. "The last thing I need is more people worried about me. I'm not telling anyone about this, and neither are you and Ben. Promise me that you won't tell anyone, Jay, please."

Jay stared at her, his beautiful girlfriend that he cares about more than anything else. He knew that he could never say no to her, and would do anything that would make her happy. Just one look into those crystal blue eyes and he was weak on his knees for her willing to do anything she wanted. She was not aware of this, but he was. Although he loved it he knew it was one of his weaknesses that would come back and bite him in the butt someday. But he put all those thoughts to the side as complied to her wishes with a small nod of his head, and a kiss to her hand that he was still holding.

"I promise."

"Hey, buddy, are you good? Did Mal cast one of her spells on you again? How many fingers am I holding up?"

Jay fell out of his daze once seeing Carlos so up close to his face with four fingers in front of him. He grunted and pushed him out of the way to get to his bed.

"I'm fine, man. Just tired.", he lied, pretending to yawn as he got into a comfortable position on his bed.

"Are you sure?", Carlos asked, uncertain. He walked over to his bed too where Dude laid, looking peaceful and content.

Jay turned away from Carlos and decided to lay on his other side. "Yeah, I just need some rest."

"Okay but when you wake up you better talk to me about what the Coach told you, new team captain."

Jay almost forgot about his accomplishment of moving up to team captain because of everything going on around him. He promised Ellie he wouldn't tell anyone about her going so he guesses Carlos is included in 'everyone' he's not an option to tell this to. Jay started to feel frustrated about her leaving even more now that he knew he had to keep them to himself. There was no one for him to console in, well other than Ben, but he didn't really count since he doesn't know the dangers of the Isle like Jay does.

He needs someone.

He needs you.

"Ellie, please come back.", he said low enough for only him to hear it.

Or so he thought. Dude perked his head up from his position on Carlos' bed and tilted it, wishing in that moment he could say what was on his mind.

Hello, everyone. I'm here with another chapter that is loooooooong overdue and I'm so sorry. School is stressful and I'm a mess at time management. I didn't think it would take me months to update, but here it is. I know it's fairly short, but I'll try to make it up to you with a new chapter coming sometime soon, hopefully. I just now pulled this out of nowhere so I hope you like it. Yes, there are probably a hundred spelling errors in this, but oh well. And again, thank you for sticking around and supporting me and this book. Very appreciated.

Bye Bye Lovelies~