5

"So what's it like finally being with Jay?"

I turned around to Dizzy who was sitting behind her checkout desk checking off her little do list of chores to do around the salon. I smiled unknowingly instantly feeling butterflies appear in my stomach.

"It's good. Great, actually. He's an amazing boyfriend."

"Well, yeah, he must be if he let you come back here alone. He must really trust you."

I nodded. "Yeah, he does. We both do."

She got up and circled around her desk to walk towards the rusty sinks to make sure they're spotless. "What do you think he's gonna say when you tell him you're going to be staying here a little longer than a week?"

I sighed and looked down at my toes. "I don't really know."

I've so far been on the Isle for a good three days searching for Hades and I haven't found one clue of where he could be. Dizzy has asked around for me and she keeps coming up with nothing. At this point it's pretty obvious that I may be here a little longer than planned.

"Well, if things work in your favor it won't take long. Don't worry. We'll find your dad."

"He's not my dad."

"But I thought you said-"

"Yes, we both may have the same blood. Yes, we may be related. He is my biological father, not my dad." I looked up to find Dizzy staring at me in concern like she did something wrong. "I'll tell Jay when the time is right, but for now all I can do is keep looking. So that's what I'm going to do." I walked over the salon chair that had my jacket hanging over it and swung it around to  put on.

Dizzy ran over to me before I walked out. "Wait, you're going out by yourself. I thought you wanted to be safe just in case Harry tried something."

"Diz, the more I hide from him the more time I'm wasting being here. I appreciate your help, but I think it's time I handle this myself." I took my hair out of a ponytail so if need be if someone recognized me I could try hiding behind my hair and keeping my head down low. "And I can guarantee Harry won't do anything. If he knows what's good for him he won't do anything.'

I recited the words Jay said to me on the phone the other day when he called me up to ask about Harry. He kept warning me to be careful and repeatedly said, "If that little pirate knows what's good for him he won't mess with you." I never responded when he said that because I knew what Jay could have in his mind about ways to torture Harry if he even laid a hand on me.

"I'll be back, okay. Don't wait up though."

With that I finally exited the salon and made my way down to the place I've been avoiding the time I've been here. On my way there I ended up calling someone that kept me filled in on what's going on back at Auradon.

***

"Come on, Jazz, we need to hurry and sign up before Evie is all booked.", Tamera yelled, quickly running to Evie and Mal's dorm that had sign up sheet for appointments hanging next to their door on the wall.

Jas'mariee tried to catch up, but was utterly exhausted as it was 8 in the morning whereas she was used to waking up at no later than around noon. She sighed and ruggedly walked up the stairs. "T, everyone is gone for Spring Break. There are probably no appointments signed up. Just calm down a little okay."

"I can't, cotillion is two weeks away and I need to start preparing for my dress since I already know I won't have time to do it because I'm on almost every committee for it. So if I want a good dress I'm going to need to start getting ahead of everyone else. Now where is her dorm?"