7

"Jafar, can you please tell me where you're taking me. It feels like we've been walking forever." I groaned, bucking my knees as they grew weaker.

Jafar rolled his eyes. "It has only been 20 minutes." 

I felt my face heat up at the exposement of my out of shape body. Maybe I should start working out more. "Well, it feels like 200.", I muttered.

Jafar either didn't hear my comment or completely ignored it. On our journey I've noticed we're heading to a part of the island that she has never been to. Not because it's forbidden(as far as I  knew at least), but because I didn't know it existed. Not many people explored the lower part of the island, the village was nowhere near it, so I really had no reason to.

"We're almost there. Just letting you know, your father probably still has his guard dogs so it's best to just stay off to the side as use my ways of persuasion to get them away."

I didn't bother asking what those ways were, but nodded anyway. When they finally stopped it was in front of rusty gate that had the words 'GET LOST' above it.  I continued to observe the area to find a sign next to it saying 'Beware f Dog' with a picture of a three headed dog beneath the print. Beyond the gate looked to be a dark abyss. I tried my best to see past it but failed. 

Jafar saw this as an opportunity to make his exit. "Well, it looks like you have things handled from here. This is where I leave you." He started walking away without another word.

I turned around and rushed in front of him before he could get too far. He glared down at me making me feel smaller than I already am around him. "What? You're just going to leave me here? How do you expect me to find him in there?" I waved my arm in the direction of the dark, scary looking cave.

"Hades knows who enters immediately once they take their first step in. You'll find your way to him because he will let you. He'll only let people find him if and when he wants to be found." He  started taking more steps away from the cave. "Besides, me and him have some unsettled feud going on at the moment. I'm pretty sure out of everyone on this island I'm the last person he wants to see."

I sighed and turned to look back at the cave. I wanted to ask what feud he was referring to but knowing Jafar he probably stole something from Hades and didn't give it back. 

I knew Jafar wasn't going to stay with me the whole time because this was something between me and Hades, I should be thankful he even helped me get here. Maybe I want him to come because I'm not ready to finally face this guy that I've missed out on my whole life alone, but this is the only way to do it. 

I need someone.

I need Jay.

"I wish you good luck. I'm sure he will help you find your way back if you need it." As he said his last words he turned around and starting walking back to his shop of overpriced trinkets.

"Hey, Jafar," I said, quietly, not actually expecting him to turn around. He did. "Thank you, for everything."

The permanent scowl on his face slowly started to rise into an all knowing grin. "The pleasure was all mine, Little Ellie. Don't forget, if things don't go your way you always have the snake staff."

I suddenly remembered the golden staff in my bag that he lended to me. I didn't want to use it on Hades, but Jafar was right. If things did end up going in left field then I could always use it. I watched as Jafar made his way farther and farther from my destination until I could no longer see him. I took a deep breath before taking a few steps forward until I was directly in front of the cave.

"Here goes nothing."

I made my way down the dark, eery cave by following the pebble-covered train track that led me deeper into it. As I kept walking I noticed lamps attached to the cave walls that allowed me to see a little more clearly.  For a moment all I could hear were the sounds of my own footsteps which should have made me feel more calm, but instead kept me on edge. I can't help but feel like something is going to pop out at me or-