1.4

^^ memory of Evie

^^ memory of Evie.

"Evie"

I open my eyes and rub my forehead, I'm sweating.  I sit up and see that Alec has a worried look.

"The nightmare?" he asks.

I nod and feel a tear roll down my cheeks.

He hugs me and whispers, "It's okay... I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

I continue to cry as he rubs the lower end of my back.

A few minutes later, I finally composed myself. I take my head off Alec's shoulder and look up at him.

His hand rests on the side of my cheek and I stare at his eyes. They're unreadable.

I feel his thumb tracing my lips and see how repeatedly he looks at them.

Then Alec's head slowly leans forward. And our lips were so close together, almost touching.

"Evie, Jace is-"

We pull apart quickly and see Izzy standing by the door, clearly shocked.

She smirks, "Sorry, but Jace is calling in a meeting."

Alec stands up and walks out, but not before turning to glance at me.

Izzy's still standing by the door and walks towards me.

"I really should've knocked." she says grinning.

I sigh, " You think?"

"Were you guys about to kiss?"

"Yeah.. I think so.. His face was so unreadable."

She has the hugest smile on her face.

"I wouldn't have interrupted if I knew. Anyway, I'm sure it'll happen again. Alec has feelings for you."

I shake my head.

She continues, "Come on. We have to go before Jace loses his balls."

We both chuckle and leave my room to meet with everyone else.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

"Magnus Bane."

I furrow my eyebrows and look at the screen. Magnus Bane. Damn it.

"He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive." Hodge says.

"Wait. Why are we talking about Magnus Bane?" I ask.

"Because we think he's the one who took Clary's memories." Jace replies.

I simply nod and look down and pretend to be interested in my fingers.

"Why? Do you know him?" Alec asks.