1.10

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER;

TILL MY HEART STOPS

TOO FAR MOON

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

"Where the hell have you been?"

I sigh as Alec steps in front of me. Izzy managed to sneak through Alec and the rest of the shadowhunters and left me behind.

"Where we needed to be. Away from you and your fiancee."
He starts, "Jace and Clary are on the run. I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth."

I shake my head, "I don't need protecting. Meliorn's alive. That's all that matters."

I turn to leave but he stops me. "Just, hey, just," he sighs, "tell me this.. Is there any way that Raj could have seen anything incriminating?"

He look over at Lydia who's interrogating the same shadowhunter that Izzy took out in the mission.

I furrow my eyebrows, "I don't know."

I turn to leave once more, but he grabs my arm.

"Evie. You can't stay mad at me forever." he whispers softly. "We need to talk sooner or later."

"Hmm.. How bout never?" I say smiling and walk away.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

"Evie. Wake up."

"Please wake up. I'm here."

I open my eyes and see Izzy sitting on my bed with a worried expression on her face. I notice that I'm sweating and panting.

"It's okay Izzy. It was just a-"

"Nightmare." she finishes. "Your parents?"

I shake my head and stand up. "I'm gonna shower quickly."

She looks at me confused. "Okay. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not now." I respond.

I take a 10 minutes shower and follow Izzy to the main area. Izzy checks the security wards and I take a seat on the table. Alec comes along and stands in front of the security screen.

I watch Lydia come with another shadowhunter. She whispers something to Alec.

"Sorry for what?" he asks Lydia.

She walks towards Izzy and I. "Genevieve Durant, by order of the Clave, you are under arrest for high treason."

"What? On what grounds?" Alec questions.

"Only a handful of people knew about the Meliorn op." she states.

Izzy begins to say something, but I cut her off by shaking my head. I stand up from my position.