1.5

Alec and I haven't talked since the whole demon incident. I'm lying on my bed, contemplating whether what Jace and Izzy have been saying was true. For as long as I can remember, they've always told me that Alec has feelings for me. I always thought they were just messing around. Maybe Alec does have feelings for me. But I'm scared to get rejected.

It's almost time for my training session with Hodge. I get ready and walk towards the training room. I stop my tracks when I see Alec, Jace, and Clary walk towards the weapons room. Alec looks at me and opens his mouth to say something, but then closes it and continues walks into the weapons room. I sigh in relief. Even though I want answers, I'm not ready to confront him.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

After training and showering, I decide to look for Izzy. Though it may not seem like it, she always knows how to give advice.

As I turn down the hallway, I see Clary sitting on the bench. She seems sort of down. I'm guessing because Alec took her necklace. I sigh and walk towards her,

"Are you okay?"

"I saw my mom. Then Alec-"

I cut her off, "I heard. And believe me, there have been many times where I wanted to kill Alec."

I pause and sit down next to her, "Look, I know Alec can be a real pain in the ass but he means well. That necklace is very dangerous."

"I'll take the risk on my own." she says.

"The problem is, you're not on your own, Clary. Whether I like it or not, you're part of us now." I tell her.

"I just, I wish I knew what to do. All of this, it's so new to me. I just, I'll do anything to save her." she replies.

I nod, "I get it. You love her."

"More than anything." she says.

I look at her, "Look. I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you. Ever since you came here, I've always had my doubts. But I can see that you're just lost and you don't know what to do."

She nods, "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have accused you before. I know you did everything you could."

I smile, "What's your mom like?"

"She's kind. Fun. Uh, the kinda person you always want to be around. I have friends who used to always want to hang out at our house, just to hang out with her."

I chuckle, "She sounds more like a friend than a mom."

"She was both. She's basically sacrificed her life for me, and I'm willing to do the same for her."

"Just because you can't have that necklace, doesn't mean you won't see her again." I say.

She looks down at the floor.

I stand up and hold out my hand, she takes it smiling and I begin, "Walk with me. Tell me everything about her."

We walk towards the elevator and Clary presses the button, "So, Alec blew right by you and did what he wanted. I'd be angry, too."

She nods, "He took the only way I had to see my mother. Plus, he kept asking what Valentine's room looked like."

I smile, "He was interested in Valentine's style? Fascinating."

"No, he thought I might have seen something that could help us find him." she replies.

"And did you?" I ask.

"I didn't see anything there, but I think I might know another way."

We turn our heads towards the main door as we hear it opening.