Chapter 2

Princess Luna heads to one of the castle pillars to meet the mysterious visitor. As he heads in to land, the moon light glistening off the metal on his right wing, Luna welcomes him back warmly.
"Welcome back Silver Streak. Did you have a safe trip this time?"

Silver Streak was a Pegasus that once was part of Princess Luna's personal guard. He was a silver and gray coated pony with black hooves. His hair flowing in the moonlit night. His lightning/wing cutie mark in midnight blue on his flank to match his vest with Luna's Crest on it. But the thing that made this pony stand out was the prosthetic right wing he had.

"I had a good trip My Lady Luna." He responded. "I can't wait to tell you the stories of where I have been and what I have seen this time. I would like to grab something to eat first before hand. It has been a long trip this time."
"Of course. Shall we head to the dining chamber than?" Princess Luna motioned to him and he proceeded to walk into the castle and head to the chamber. After all he knew the castle well.

"Wow. Every time I come back it feels like I have been gone for moons." Silver commented as they walk the halls.
"You know, the offer to rejoin my personal guard still stands?" Princess Luna informed him.
"I thank you My Lady Luna. The thing is, I feel like I am doing so much good out their helping the ponies as I travel." He politely turned down her offer. It was not that he did not want to return. In his heart he would always be part of her guard. It was as he said, he was able to help so many ponies by traveling all of Equestria and that made him quiet happy.

"I like coming back to tell you about my travels and the unique places I have visited." The two of them arrived at the dinning hall just as Celestia and Sunset were leaving the room. The Pegasus caught Sunset's eye but she did not say anything as they walked past each other. She did not want to interrupt Princess Luna and him. The two entered the room where there was food already for them. "Wow, what a spread?" Silver saw they had a lot of food out for the two. The two sat down and ate while not talking just enjoying the food. After they finished the two left to head to the library so Silver could tell her the stories of his travels like always.

"So, who was that pony with Princess Luna?" Sunset finally asked Celestia as they were sitting in the library for a bit. "In the time I have been here, I have never seen Luna open up like she did around him."
"His name is Silver Streak, and he was once one of my sister's personal guard." Celestia started to tell her. "He was great at his job till the incident." That comment caught Sunset's attention, the name sounded familiar and she wanted to know what happened. "But that is a story for later, as it is a long story, and I feel it would be better if he told it and not me."

Just as she finished Luna and Silver both walked in on the two of them. "Do you wish to sit in on this as well Sunset and Sister?" Luna asked.
"Shall we Sunset? I think you will enjoy his tales."
He began his stories, telling of some of the places he visited. Not the typical locations that most ponies go like the Crystal Kingdom and Manehattan, but areas most have never been. The other side of the Everfree Forest, And even some that they had never heard of. A place where dragons live in peace, a town that has ponies, zebras, and even Griffins. Sunset was intrigued by the stories more and more.

After a few hours of telling stories Celestia spoke up. "I feel it is time I take my leave and get some rest before the dawn." She was trying to be polite. It had gotten later than anypony had realized.
"Maybe I should try and get some rest as well." Silver stated. It had been a long flight and even if he was a pony of the night normally, even he needed to rest some. "My Lady Luna if you will excuse me."
"Sunset, how about you escort our guest. His room is right across from yours after all." Celestia suggested knowing even Sunset needed to get some rest. "I will see you in the morning Sunset." She said respectfully.
"I did not realize how late it truly was. Yes I will. Thank you." Sunset said with a bow, and the two left the library.

After the two left Luna looked over at Celestia. "What are you planing dear sister?" She asked with a look of concern on her face.
"Nothing at all sister dear." Celestia answered her with a nod. "Whatever would make you think that? Good night my sister." She said as she left the library to get some rest.

As Sunset and Silver walked down the halls she could not help but catch herself taking quick looks at his metallic wing.
"If you want to know just ask." Silver insisted.
"What?.... Oh sorry." She felt a bit embarrassed and ashamed for being caught.
"Hahaha. It's ok. I get that a lot and don't mind at all." He told her to ease her mind some. "Truth is, it happened a little while back now. When Tirek attacked with Discord , they where relentless. They would do anything they had to to get all the magic for Tirek. Most ponies gave in after losing their magic, but not me. I would defend My Lady till the end. Discord froze me in place and Terik hit me hard enough to send me flying into a castle wall. This damaged my wing, and the next thing I know Discord had teleported my wing away. At that point my wing was gone, so was my will to fight. How can a Pegasus with only one wing ever be able to fly or fight? That was what went through my head. Shortly after that, Princess Twilight and friends defeated Terik and returned magic to all the ponies. But this did not bring back my wing. It was still gone. The princesses still excepted me as a guard, but the thought was always in the back of my head that I would never be me with only one wing." At this point they had reached their rooms. "Well the rest of the story will have to wait till the morning. Sorry."
"No I'm sorry I asked. I'm sure that brought up some bad memories?" Sunset said with a bit of worry in her voice.
"Don't worry." Silver said patting her on the head with his normal wing. "Like I said before, I get this a lot. And you know what, I'm ok with it. I've come to excepted this wing as my own." He said lifting up his prosthetic wing. "Well, have a good night, and may Lady Luna watch over your dreams." He said as he entered his room.
"Same to you." Sunset said in response, a little less upset about asking about the wing.