Chapter 11

As they arrived at the castle and got inside. They took Silver to a room where he could lay down and rest. Twilight went and got Spike and left Sunset to keep an eye on Silver to make sure he didn't do something stupid. "Spike go and let his family know what is going on. Do not tell them about the Timber Wolves if Joy is around. We don't need her worried." Her assistant left right away to let them know what was happening.

Meanwhile back in the room with Sunset and Silver.
"Are you crazy? No pony can handle that many wolves by themselves.? Sunset began reprimanding him.
"Haha. I have before. Well, of course that was with two wings. Owowowow!" He said as he tried to look at his back and the pain got him. "Ok, maybe not the brightest idea I ever had. Hehehe"
"You think? If Me and Twilight had not shown up when we did....."
"I would have still taken them out. Just might not be in such good shape." Silver said jokingly. He knew he was in bad shape. True it was nothing some rest wouldn't fix, but he had scratches and bite marks all over him. Even though the wounds were not deep there was several of them.

"You just lay there. Twilight sent Spike to let your family know what is going on, and she will be right back to help you heal." Sunset told him.
"Ok ok. I will. Thanks for caring for me. It has been some time sense the last time somepony had my back." For the most part he did travel alone. His only companion was his pet and friend Talon.

Just than Twilight entered with some different herbs and medical books. "Ok. Don't worry, this won't hurt." She said with a small grin she was trying to hide.
"Um. This is going to be bad?" Silver said with a questioning look on his face.
"Why do you say that?" Sunset asked.
"Do you see that look? She is either about to try something new or something nasty." Silver responded.
"Might serve you right. I will leave you with Doctor Twilight and go get some tea from the kitchen." Sunset said as she left.
"Wait......... Don't leave me here with her!" Silver tried his best to scream in protest, but it was too late. Sunset had already left the room.
"Now, where does it hurt?" Twilight asked as she got closer.
Silver was not happy but knew he would have to suck it up.

Sunset headed of to get some drinks. In her mind she was still confused at Silver's actions. "That hardheaded Pegasus. Why would he think he could take on that many Timber Wolves?" Just than Spike returned Silver's mom and dad.
"Where is he?" His mom Silver Light asked.
"He is in with Twilight right now." Sunset responded leaving a oh no look on Spike's face.
"How is he?" His dad Star Streak inquired.
"He seems fine and in high spirits. He seems stubborn to admit he pushed himself." Was Sunset's response.
His mom and dad looked at each other and kind of laughed.
"What?" This confused Sunset some.
"He is fine than. That is just the kind of pony he is." His mom informed her.
"Yeah. He has been that way for years. The first pony to feel it is his responsibility to protect everypony else no mater what." His dad chimed in.
"How can you laugh about that?" This was still confusing to Sunset. "If you get hurt while helping somepony else than what was the point?"
"That's just it. He knows that he may get hurt, but to him if it is him over the others he will do it no mater what." His dad said.
"The thing is, we as his parents understand that is just who he is. He is not going to do something that would cost his life." It was his mom's turn to jump in. "The thing being we support him. We know he would never let somepony get hurt, and that is part of who he is."

Just than Twilight came into the room. "Well I healed most of the wounds and bandaged the rest."
"Can we go in than?" Silver Light asked the princess.
"Of course." She responded.
His mom and dad headed down the hall to see him.
Twilight and Sunset sat down to drink some tea while the family had some time to themselves.
"So how was the treatments?" Sunset asked her.
"Oh he will be fine by tonight. Most of the wounds were not as bad as they looked, most would have not been able to stand or handle that many by themselves. But than again this is Silver we are talking about." Twilight responded to her friend.
Spike sat down with them. "That's odd though. Didn't he take out six Timber Wolves the last time?"
"Yeah but remember, last time he had his "other wing" Spike." Twilight reminded him. "He only had one wing this time that would make it difficult for anypony that is not used to it."
This surprised Sunset. "So he was not kidding when he said he did it before?"
"Oh no. There is a reason he was one of Luna's personal guard." Twilight continued. "When he left it was to rediscover himself, he did too. He realized that there are many ways to do what he was destined to do. Such as helping others who have gone through hardships deal with them and to see the positive in all."
Sunset just sat there and thought about it while the three drank the tea.

Back at Silver's room. "How are you holding up son?" His dad asked.
"I will be fine. She told me I can leave tonight." Silver responded.
"That's good. Joy would not let us hear the end of it if you didn't come say goodbye like you promised." His mom told him.
"Where is she?" He asked a little worried. She may have known what had happened.
"Don't worry, she does not know about the wolves." His dad reassured him. "She is with her friends right now."
"That's good." This was a relief to him. He was always protective of his little sister, and the last thing he wanted was her to relapse because of the wolves. After all not only did it help her it helped him to overcome some things as well.
"Well get some rest, and make sure you stop by home before you head back to the castle." His mom told him.
"I will. See you all later." Silver responded as they left the room. "Time to take a quick bat nap so I can get back to get my new wing and get back to Talon."