Chapter 7

As Silver and Joy arrive at the castle, it was obvious that it was getting more difficult for little Joy to contain her excitement.
"Do you think she'll do magic for us?" She just started asking question after question. "Can I look around the castle? You've met her before, is she really nice?"
"Calm down a little. Trust me, she will be more than happy to answer your questions I'm sure. Remember though I have some work with her too." Silver said in a calm and nurturing tone, much like a big brother would. "I will make sure we have some time for you before we head home."
With a big smile on Joy's face she could only say."OKAY!"

As the two knocked on the castle door they were greeted by Spike. "Silver, and. Who might this little filly be?" Spike asked meeting her for the first time.
"This is my little sister, Joy Runner." Silver responded. It was all she could do to hold in her excitement. This was the first time she had been able to see Spike up close. But just as Silver had asked she was trying to behave.
Silver gave her a little nudge with his wing. "Go ahead and introduce yourself."
"Ohhhhhhh. HI I'M JOY. ARE YOU REALLY THE SPIKE!" She could no longer hold back.
"Joy." Even Silver couldn't calm her down.
"Well I don't know if I'm that big of a deal?" Spike said all shy about it trying to hide his own excitement to be treated like a hero outside of the Crystal Kingdom.
"But but. You're Princess Twilight's personal assist. You've see. Things most ponies only dream of." Joy was super excited.

"Can we come in now Spike." Silver asked, thinking in the back of his mind that Spike was loving the attention but he had work to do.
"Oh yes. Sorry. Twilight is waiting for you in the library." Spike replied letting them in. Little Joy's eyes just got big as she was thinking, "I finally get to meet Princess Twilight.
"Now Joy, remember your promise." Silver said with a somewhat firm voice.
"I will be good, but Princess Twilight." The thought just left her somewhat star struck.

The two made it to the library and Silver opened the door to find Twilight sitting in one of the chairs with some quills, parchment and ink. In his mind he knew she was going to be asking a million questions, than again that was nothing new.
"Oh, Silver. I was just finishing my preparations come and sit......" Twilight stopped as she noticed the little filly somewhat hiding behind Silver. Joy had become a bit shy. This was her idol. This left Joy speechless. "And who might this little filly be?"
"Oh. Come on Joy introduce yourself to the Princess." Silver nudged her from behind him with his wing. Joy stood there, still in awe. She could not believe she could be this close to the Princess Of Friendship.
"I'm, Joy Runner." She said finally regaining some of her normal energy back with a smile on her face.

"Well hi there Joy. I am Twilight Sparkle." Twilight feeling that if she talked to the little filly maybe she would open up a bit more. "And what brings you to my castle with Silver today?"
"I came with Silver to hear a story and meet you." Joy replied finally becoming her normal self. "The magical princess who has saved all of Equestria countless times. The princess who faced down foes like Discord, Terik and even Sirens. You have even been to other worlds." At this point Joy was bouncing up and down with her big doll like eyes wide as can be. "Your my hero. I want to be like you one day."
"Well now. It is nice to meet you." A little confused on the relationship between Silver and Joy.

"Do you remember when I told you about the little filly I found in the Everfree Forest all by herself?" Silver asked Twilight while Joy was still in her hyper mood and not paying much attention. "Well I couldn't leave her alone. So me and my family took her in. She's like my little sister. And I will always treat her as such." This shocked Twilight a little at first. She was a zebra, Silver left out that piece. True Twilight saw the little filly around town every so often, but had no idea this was the little filly Silver saved from Timber Wolves almost a year ago.

"Well shall we get started?" Silver asked the princess and Joy.
"Yes. Please?" Joy with her big eyes ready to hear the story.
"Spike. Please bring in some tea and snacks?" Twilight asked of her assistant. "And if Starlight is free, have her come join us. I'm sure that Silver's tales will be enlightening."
Spike did not hesitate to go and find the snacks and begin making the tea as he was asked. As Spike was on his way back, he ran into Starlight and brought her along. Spike knew that Twilight would want detailed notes and he was ready.

This was the first time Silver has met Starlight, so as she entered he introduced himself and the Joy to her. The name shocked Starlight at first, but thanks to her experience in both worlds it was not abnormal. She returned the greeting.
"Hello. I am Starlight Glimmer. I am Princess Twilight's student."
"Well, pleased to meet you. Please join us." Silver invited her in.
Spike and Starlight came in and sat down. Spike already with one of the snacks in his mouth.
"Ok. So, shall I start from the beginning?" Silver started the tale. Everypony was captivated by his tale. He told of how he found a town outside the other side of the Everfree Forest, and the creatures he faced on his way. As he arrived, he was surprised to find a town that had Griffins, Zebras, and Ponies living in harmony. How the town did not use Bits, but instead a trade system much like at Rainbow Falls. Silver continued his story, only stopping to explain things when asked questions. This place had Twilight so inthralled that he even made a map for her to show how to get there.

Before anypony realized it. It had grown late. Joy had fallen asleep from being worn out, from not just meeting her idol and Spike. But the story and everything else that had happened today.
"Wow, has it gotten that late already?" Silver said as he looked outside the castle window. "I should probably get this little filly home. Of course to a night pony like Silver the time to him was normal as he was normally up in to the late hours of the night. Silver walked over and picked the little filly up and put her on his back being carful not to wake her.
"Well Princess, as always it has been fun. Starlight I am glad you joined us." He said as he was going to head out.
"That was enlightening Silver. Thank you. This gives me so much to look forward too." Twilight said looking at the map and with a grin on her face.
"Thank you for the story Silver." Starlight said. "Have a safe trip home."
Silver left, trotting slowly as to not wake the little filly on his back. As he returned home to his parents waiting to greet him. He took little Joy to her room and tucked her in.

"So, Silver. How long you plan to stay here?" His father inquired.
"I will be here for at least one more day before I have to return to the castle." Silver responded.
"Will you spend that day with us or do you have to return to see Princess Twilight again?" His mom asked a little worried to hear the answer.
"No. I will be spending the day with you all." He responded giving a big a smile to her face.
His dad gave him a hug and headed to bed. His mom gave him a kiss before doing the same.
"Well this was an enjoyable day. Time for me to relax." As Silver sat down on the couch to relax. He couldn't help but look back to where his wing once was and remember. "There are stories even I can't tell to anypony." Shortly after the moon was at its peak, he decided it was even time for him to call it a night. After all he wanted to spend the day with his family.