Chapter 9

As Sunset and Twilight walked around Ponyville, Sunset could not help but be in awe at everything around her. "It still seems like a dream. I never thought I would come back to Equestria."
"Well I am glad you came back, even if it may not have been under the best of circumstances." Twilight told her. "Truth is, a lot has changed in just the last few years."
"I heard." Sunset said with a bit of a loss in her voice. "We are now friends and allies with Griffins, Yaks, Dragons, and Changlings?" The last one still confused her even now.
"Ya, Thorax is a great leader and good friends with Spike." Twilight tried to explain. "Honestly, we are still not entirely sure what is going to happen with them. After all Queen Chrysalis is still out there. But enough of that, how are you doing now that your back?"

"Well adjusting back to being an unicorn was not that big of a change." Sunset said still with some sadness in her voice. "The hard thing is adjusting to the changes of the world. It may have been where I was born, but I have been gone for so long it feels almost new to me. And....." she trailed off some.
"You miss your friends in the other world?" Twilight finished it knowing exactly what she was feeling.
"Yeah." Sunset responded with sadness coming through.
"Well I'm sure they miss you too Sunset. Truth is I would love to pay them a visit too. Twilight continued. "I'm sure that day will come. Until than, remember that you have friends here. You also have ponies who care about you too."
"Thanks Twilight. I really needed to hear that right now." Sunset was able to finally smile from this.

"Well what do you want to do while I'm here?" Sunset asked her friend.
"Well let's get something to eat at the outdoor restaurant, the have a great dandelion sandwich. It's one of my favorites." Twilight's suggesting was a great one.  Sunset was getting hungry. The two went to get something to eat and chat some more.

"So what are you going to do now?" Twilight asked. "After all, I am sure that you are almost done with all that you can learn as far as from just staying at the castle."
"I don't really know." Sunset said with a worried look on her face. "I don't think I can do much here. My magic is back to what it once was, but that's all. I'm not sure if anypony around would except my past. Don't get me wrong. You and your friends have been great, and I love the fact I get to see Celestia and make up for all I've done. I just don't know if I will ever fit in 100%."
"It's ok Sunset. Don't rush yourself." Twilight said reassuring her. "The fact is we all make mistakes. If anypony understands that it's us. Don't let your mistakes define you, use them to learn and grow from it."
"That is sound advice. Thanks Twilight. I'm sure one day I will be able to except it all. Just will take some time."

"Always remember that you always have friends to talk to. Both here and in the other world. I'm sure we can all help." This comment brought a smile to Sunset. She will always have friends and that thought was enough to help her some.
After the two finished their meal, they continued to walk around Ponyville. Twilight showing Sunset around the town. After all most times Sunset only would be in town for short period of time before heading back to the castle. And for her it was nice to get out and stretch her hooves once and a while. It was also nice for Twilight to be able to walk around town with out some kind of world ending problem or an issue she had to solve. She didn't get those kind of days much ever sense she took over as a princess.