Chapter 8

The morning came once again to Canterlot, and it was time for Sunset to continue her lessons on the changes sense she had returned to the world of Equestria.
"So your telling me we have met with the Yaks of Yak Yakistan and the Griffins of Griffinstone. Wow I have been gone for some time." This caught Sunset by surprise. The thought that they had made so many new friends and allies in such a short time.
"That is correct dear." Celestia said as they walked around Canterlot. "Truth be told. Most of this is all thanks to Twilight and her friends. She has truly taken to her roll as the Princess of Friendship."

"So Sunset. Are you planing to stay her in Canterlot forever?" Celsetia asked of her student. "Do not get me wrong, I am glad to have you back, but you seem to be content on staying here."
"Truth be told Princess Celestia. I'm not sure." She responded with some fear in her voice. "I am glad to be back, but at the same time I miss my friends in the other world. Sure we talk thanks to the journal. But it is just not the same. I kind of wish I could head back." She may have been ok with becoming a pony, but other than Twilight, she did not feel comfortable around most other ponies. It didn't help that she had to get used to so many new things too. When she left, Princess Luna was still on the Moon, Discord was still in stone, and so much else had changed. It was almost like a whole new world to her, even if it was still where she originally came from.

"Sunset, I would like you to take a trip to Ponyville this afternoon and take a package to Twilight for me. I need to stay here and handle an important meeting this afternoon, and I feel it would be good for you to get out for little." Celestia told Sunset where to get the package.
"Alright Princess. I will head out right after lunch." Not wanting to make the trip on an empty stomach.
"That would be fine Sunset. Now feel free to do what you want till than. I must prepare for the meeting. So I will take my leave." Celestia headed off to her chamber to make sure all was ready for her meeting and Sunset headed off to write in her Journal to her friends back at CHS.

"Hey girls. Sorry I have not been writing much the last few days. Things have been a little crazy around here. I was really glad to hear you all got into Equestria University together. Hope all is going well. Oh. I met a pony Named Silver Streak. Remember the guy who helped us out during that little adventure. Seems everyone over there truly has a pony double. Well that's it for updates today. Hope to hear back soon. Your friend Sunset Shimmer."

She closed the book knowing it would not be right away that they would be able to get back to her. "I guess I should get things together so I can go and see Twilight." Sunset proceeded to gather her bag and go to pick up the package that she was told about. She than headed out to the train station to make her way to Ponyville to see her good friend. "It will be nice to see her and Spike again." She thought to herself, as she left the castle.

As she arrived in Ponyville she remembered how busy the town always was. Everypony working and selling things or helping each other in some way. It always was nice to come to town. She waved at ponies as she trotted her way to Twilight's castle with a smile on her face. It was nice to get out every once and a while. She passed her friends Rarity and Fluttershy on the way to the spa for their weekly visit. Just stopping long enough to say hi, not wanting them to miss their appointment. It was nice to see her friends, even if only for a moment.

She reached the castle to be greeted by Starlight who was heading out for the day.
"Hello Sunset. Sorry I can't stay long. I am supposed to meet up with Rarity and Fluttershy." Starlight said. "Twilight is in the study. Sorry again."
"No problem Starlight. I know how Rarity is. Go and enjoy yourself." Sunset said as the two had a good laugh at the idea of Rarity being mad over somepony being late for a Spa Date.

Sunset headed inside to find Twilight. As she walked around the castle she found she was still in awe over the sheer size of it. "I always get lost when I come here. Somepony really should put up signs." She thought to herself just as she bumped into Spike.
"Ow." The two of them said as they got back up.
"Oh. Hi there Sunset." Spike said after the two of them were standing again. "What brings you here?" He asked.
"Princess Celestia sent me with a package for Twilight. You wouldn't be able to take me to her, could you?" She asked hoping to some help.
"No problem. I know this place like the back of my claw." He said proudly.

The two got to the study to find Twilight going over one of her spell books.
"Sunset!" Twilight said happy to see her friend. "What brings you by today?"
"The Princess asked me to bring you this package." She said as she took it out of her saddle bag.
"Well that was nice of her. But odd she didn't just send it by dragon like normal." Twilight said a little confused but still happy to have a reason to see her friend.
"Well she also said it would be good for me to get out of Canterlot, if even for just a delivery." Sunset responded. "And truthfully, sometimes I forget there is so much I still am learning of Equestria. I feel like a stranger in my own home so to speak."
"Well, that is understandable. You were away for quiet some time." Twilight said trying to reassure Sunset. "I'm sure it is a lot to take in. I remember when I first went to the other world. Everything felt new but the same. I'm sure it feels similar to that."
"Yeah. Maybe one day I will feel like I belong here again. I still miss my friends on the other side. Even if I can still talk to them, it's just not the same as getting to see them."
"I'm sure they feel the same way." Twilight said. "But remember that no mater how far apart you all are, you are still friends. That is a bond that transcends any distance." This was just what Sunset needed to hear and brought a smile to her face.

"Thanks Twilight. I needed that. You really are the Princess of Friendship." She said with that smile on her face. "Just out of curiosity, where are Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash?" She asked noticing that non of them where in town as she was coming here today.
"Oh they are headed out on a friendship problem. The map called all three of them for this one." Twilight responded.
"That makes sense." Sunset did not need anymore explanation than that.
"Why not hang out a while? The next train back to Canterlot is not for a while. We could walk around town and do something." Twilight asked her friend.
"You know what, that sounds like a great idea." With a quick response the two headed out to walk around town and have fun as friends.