Chapter 12

As Silver awoke, about three hours had passed by. He was feeling a lot better and could hear voices from down the hall. It was Twilight, Sunset and Spike. They were discussing the events of the day. "Well I need to be thank the princess before I head home real quick so I don't miss the last train." He thought to himself. "Not having both wings kind of sucks. Maybe Iron is still in Ponyville, and has finished my new wing?"

He headed down the hall to the room that they were talking in. It was the room with the Cutie Map. He had been in this room a few times, so he knew well how to get there. He knocked on the door to the room.
"Come in Silver." Twilight responded.
"Guess I should not be surprised you knew it was me." He said as he entered the room with a bit of a laugh.
"How are you felling?" Sunset inquired.
"Better. I think I should head home and see my family so I can head back to Canterlot. I need to get back out on my travels." Silver had things to do.

Just as he was about to leave the castle, Sunset caught up to him at the front door. "Please be carful. You still have to finish your story." She said jokingly and worried a little that he may not be 100% healed.
"Thanks for the concern. I am back to myself. I'm just going to see the family than head back to Canterlot before I take off." He said trying to calm her. "I know you will be heading back there too. So I will see you there." He headed out ready to make his two stops before going back to Canterlot, thinking to himself "Has three days passed that fast?"

The first stop on his way out was by the Park. "Well time to see Iron." He said standing just outside of the Forge. He knocks on the door. The door opens and standing in the hallway is Iron standing there looking a bit worn out from a hard days work.
"Took you long enough." Iron said looking over Silver. "I see you had some fun?"
"You could say that." Silver replied with a bit of laughter in his voice. "That's what I call it when I deal with four Timber Wolves."
The two of them headed into the forge Iron yawned from his long work and Silver still limping a little from his injuries. The two made it to the main part of the forge where Iron kept his works that were ready for pick up. There Silver saw a charcoal black Phoenix resting in a cage.

"I see Blaze is a bit exhausted as well." Silver said to Iron.
Silver felt a warning breeze. But before he could react he got smacked upside the back of his head by something made out of metal. "You would be too, if you worked for three days strait!" It was Iron a little upset at the comment. "You idiot. You know that you can't use you Full abilities with only one wing. With your speed you could have easily came and got me to aid you in that attack."
"Sorry. I went into autopilot." Silver said rubbing his head with his wing. "You know how I am when that happens."
"Yeah I do. Here." Iron tosses him an item wrapped in a cloth. "This is your new wing. Some of my finest work if I do say so myself."
Silver unwrapped the wing to expose the new Midnight Blue fan Wing with dark purple rivets. "This is most definitely one of your best pieces." Silver said while inspecting the new wing.
"It was made from that ore you brought me. It was very strong. That one should last you awhile. Also with how light it is in the finished form you should be able to fly at full speeds now." Iron finished just as Silver was done equipping the wing.
"I will give it a test flight tonight. Thanks again bud, and pass my thanks on to Blaze as well."
"You owe me man. If you come across more of that ore I want it." Iron demanded in a bit of a joking tone.
"You got it." Silver didn't think twice as he was leaving the forge. He had already planed on it any way. 
"I wonder if that pony ever knows when to relax?" Iron thought to himself after Silver left.