Secrets

~~ I would suggest listening to Secrets by One Republic (I think) for this chapter because it matches pretty well. Annnnddd... I really like that song. I usually dont do updates in the middle of the week but you guys got me 1k reads and someone commented a nice comment (thanks for that) so you shall be rewarded! Thanks guys! Enjoy! Xx (: ~~

~Liam's POV~

I watched as Mack stomped out of the room. She was beyond mad at him and I couldnt imagine how she felt.

I looked over at Simon, the tough guy we've always known. Now, he looked pained and fragile. I wanted to go and comfort him but I know its not my place.

A sudden question came into my mind and I just had to ask.

"Simon. When we first met Mack, you said you never told us about her because it never came up. Why didnt you really tell us?"

He turned to look at Harry and I and looked back at his hands. "The truth is, that I never wanted anyone to know about her. Her mother died a terrible death and she was hurt in the process. She was bullied, ran away and put her guard up. I just feel like if the media or enough people know about her, everything will come out. All her secrets, all her troubles, everything. She already hates me enough for not being there for her, I just dont want to make it worse."

I looked at him curiously. "Wait, what do you mean? What does this have to do with us?"

He flipped over his I-Pad and it showed pages, upon pages of Mack spotted with us. She was becoming famous for hanging out with us and people were beginning to wonder who she was.

It wouldnt be long before her secrets came out if she continued to hang with us.

"Well, m-maybe we should leave before anything bad happens. Not be around Mack anymore." Harry spoke up.

I shook my head violently. "No we cant" I said forcefully. "W-we have just gained her trust. She's going to find out and put her walls back up. We just got them down. Simon, we cant just leave her. We're the only friends she has."

Simon sighed. He was just about to say something before his phone rang. He slowly picked it up and we heard another man talking on the line.

"Mhm. Yes. Well thank you, she will be so excited. Yes, I am him. Yes. Okay. I'll make sure to tell her. Thank you again. Bye" He ended the call and looked up at us. I raised my eyebrows as to ask what they said.

"Uhm, she got the part inthat t.v. show. She starts next weekend." He mumbled.

"Wait. Now she will be a celebrity. They'll find out all her secrets anyway. We have to tell her." Harry said.

Simon nodded. "But wait, get packed first. Then tell her. If theres anything I know about what Mackenzie needs, its that she needs space. Well, that and music. Come back in about an hour and we'll tell her."

I agreed and walked out of the house with Harry to find the rest of the boys. After taking 15 minutes to pack and 45 minutes to chill out and hang around, we headed back to Simon's.

"I'll go get Mackenzie" He said. He walked up to her room and knocked on the door.

"Mackenzie?"

No answer.

"Mackenzie. I know you're upset with me but we have some good news"

Nothing.

I walked up to the door. "Mack. Please come out"

Not a single sound.

I took out my wallet, grabbed a card and began trying to unlock the door.

"Oi mate, what if she's naked or something?" Louis called. I rolled my eyes.

"Then she should've answered when we called her." I finally got the door unlocked and found the room empty.

"Ugh. Why is it so cold in here?" I heard Zayn ask from behind me.

"She's gone!" Niall said, suprised.

I scanned the room and found the window wide open.

"Where do you think she went?" Harry asked.

I looked at them, then at Simon, then back at the boys.

"The Oasis" I murmured.

•••

~Mack's POV~

"Hey, Mack? Where are you?" Emilia's voice said through the phone. I sighed. Make something up, make something up...

"Well, it turns out Adam and Chris arent going out. I have to show them around town."

"Oh, well... thats too bad..." She sounded so let down.

This is what you get for being a jerk to your dad and running away again. Why cant you just face your problems? You're so weak, My conscience scolded me.

"B-but maybe I can come later tonight? I'll text you when I'm on my way" I gave in. She quickly agreed and I ended the call.

I pulled my coat tighter around my body, curling into a ball and trying to find warmth in the cave. I thought I stashed a couple duvets here a while ago...

I crawled to the back, grabbed the gray and black blankets and curled up with them.

Suddenly, I heard scratching against the rock wall. I scooted to the far back of the cave, behind a couple large rocks. Someone or something was trying to climb over and come in.

It landed with a soft thud and I heard it begin to walk over to the cave entrance. A flashlight shown through.

"Mack?" a male's voice whispered.

"Mack" It called again. Liam! I slowly crawled out and the light shown directly in my eyes.

"Seriously Liam? Do you want to blind me?" I asked, shielding my eyes. He sighed, lowered the light and crawled next to me. I gave him one of the blankets and he sat next to me.

Both of our backs were against the cave wall, our covered legs sprawled out in front of us.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He looked at me.

"I had to find you."

For some reason, I blushed. I sighed.

"Why?"

"Because I need to tell you something" Okay, this was going nowhere fast.

"And what is that?" I asked, getting slightly annoyed with his vaugness.

"We got the call from the producer. You got the part in that show. Apparently, you have to be there next weekend when they start filming" He explained.

I smiled widely. "What? Are you serious? Thats amazing! Thank you!"

He shrugged. "But there's more news, not quite good. Because you have been hanging out with us, the paps have found you and are trying to find your information. A-all your secrets are going to be exposed."

The smile was completely wiped off my face now.

Silence.