Chapter 2: Changes

10 years later...
"Michael! Lunch is ready, go to the table."
Meredith spoke.
He ran down, in his white T-shirt and leather jacket with punk jeans and shoes. He grabbed his lunch.
"Yum! Chicken! Thanks mum!"
She gave a small smile back but felt a sense of guilt, she never said to Michael about the car accident.
"Well, that's what mothers are for, now run along."
He took his food up to his room and started eating, while reading a new book that Meredith gave him.
After finishing his meal, Michael started running downstairs.
"Mum! I finished!"
He tripped on a step and flew down the stairs at a magnificent speed. Meredith heard the thud, and she ran to help.
"Are you ok Michael? Hello?"
She frantically screamed and contacted the hospital.
"It's ok, everything will be fine, I hope."
He had massive, blotches on his knees and black bruises on his forehead, with a fractured finger and a concussion.
After a few hours, he woke up, in agony, and his head was throbbing real bad. He could hear quiet voices in his head, and nobody around him was speaking.
"I must be hallucinating."
Michael spoke to himself,
"Doctor, I think I'm hallucinating, can you give me a check up?"
The doctor started to check his temperature and heart beat. But he could now hear the doctor thinking!
"Heart beat and temperature is normal. Anything else?"
He kindly asked.
"Think of something, anything at all, and I'll try to say what you think."
"Why?"
Doctor replied.
"I've been hearing voices in my head, but nobody is talking."
Michael said
"Ok, what am I thinking?"
Voices started whizzing through his head, with small whispers saying
'you can't think, you can't think'
"Why would you think that I can't think?
Michael frowned in disgust. The doctor raised his eye brows and took off his glasses. He stood in shock and asked him.
"How did you know?"
"I don't know, my mind just started to do this now."
Michael replied
"Are you on drugs? Or are you telepathic?"
He questioned Michael.
"Never would I ever go on drugs! And I've never been checked on drugs, can you check?"
Michael asked the doctor. The doctor started to scan his body under a special x-ray, which detected marijuana. He checked again, and the results came in positive for marijuana again.
"It says you have a positive reading for marijuana."
Michaels eyes raised, he had never taken any drugs in his life.
"Since when did I have marijuana in me?"
Michael replied in shock. The doctor took him to another x-Ray station and scanned his body. The results came back and the doctor was confused.
"There is marijuana in your brain, but you've had it since you were born. How is your head feeling?"
The doctor asked.
"My head does feel dizzy, it must've been when I hit my head on those stupid stairs."
Michael replied angrily. The doctor clicked fingers and grinned.
"I think I know what caused your mind reading!"
"What?"
Michael replied
"When you bumped your head, the marijuana in your brain must've moved in a position where the brain mind reads. The marijuana might have energised that part of the brain to make it work overtime and make you telepathic!"
The doctor explained, Michael was confused, he was unsure of something.
"When you said I had marijuana in me since I was born, how did it get in there?"
Michael questioned.
"That's something for you to find out. I can't find out."
The doctor wrapped his injuries in casts and pat him on the back.
"Ok sonny, you're free to go."
"Thanks doctor."
"Oh, and Michael!"
The doctor started to whisper in his
ear,
"Don't let anyone know, except for you and your parents. Do you hear me?"
"Yes, thank you."
Michael got his things and left the x-Ray room and walked to the waiting room.
"Are you ok Michael?"
Meredith fearfully asked.
"Yeah, I'm ok."
Michael replied in a whisper, he gave a petit, fake grin. They left the hospital and drove off to home.