Chapter 9: Knowledge & Minds

Michael woke up the next morning, as tired as a worn out shoe. He walked over to the Mingdom and saw Jeffrey there.
"You've settled in all good?"
"Yeah."
Michael replied.
"Let me introduce you to your work,"
Jeffrey and Michael entered the Mingdom and walked up some stairs and into a large room, filled of thousands of other mind readers.
"Your job is to figure out this nearly impossible 20-digit combination password with both letters and numbers, using this clue."
The clue stated...
'With the heart in the middle and the ear as the answer, one of the chosen, the age of the year.'
"That doesn't make sense."
"I know,"
Jeffrey replied.
"That's why we take knowledge from other people of the world and use it for ourselves, to solve the code."
"What happens when we crack the code?"
"We're all freed, and the mind readers battle for the last time for justice."
Jeffrey left the room with me and walked up more stairs into a smaller and more compact room. There was this machine that was planted in the middle of the room and Jeffery said.
"Now, let's get this up and running."
"For what?"
Michael replied in fear.
"To give you knowledge, dumbo."
Michael sat on the chair and Jeffrey put the head helmet in his head and started to turn on the machine.
"3 2 1... On!"
The machine sprung to life and electricity was covering Michaels head all around. There was a 'buzz' and 'ting!' And it was done.
"Ok, Michael how do you feel?"
"I feel, smarter!"
"Now you can think ok your flashbacks and not fall asleep!"
Michael froze. He totally forgot about meeting the man who was going to show him around his new workplace.
"I totally forgot, I was supposed to meet that man here 10 minutes ago! Thanks Jeffrey!"
Michael started bolting down the stairs and exited the Mingdom. He saw the man, waiting, leaning on the wall.
"Where is that guy?"
The man thought.
"I'm here!"
The man rolled his eyes and smirked at Michael.
"Sorry, I ran into Jeffrey and he's showed me around the Mingdom and gave me the knowledge from that machine."
Michael looked at the ground, in embarrassment and shame.
"Well then, I'll see you around."
He gave the straight face to Michael and he walked off. He was mad.