[Disturbing Entertainment] Laughing Jack x Reader

Dısţuяɞıňɢ Eňţєяţѧıňmєňţ. Lѧuɢһıňɢ Jѧċҡ × RєѧԀєя.

Today felt like every other day. Same parents nagging me to be a proper lady, same knights persistently guarding the castle, same everything. If you didn't catch on yet, yes, I am indeed a princess. And my parents are King and Queen. My mother married into royalty about 6 years ago.

I really didn't like the idea of wearing dresses and being in such an important role, but my mother didn't care. She just wanted to be in the throne. She didn't love the King, but rather the fact that she was Queen. But as I was saying before, today seemed as dull as every other day. "(Y/n) dear!" My mother called gleefully entering my room.

"Yes mother?" She clasped her hands together and smiled. "John (the king) and I have noticed your gloomy mood lately and decided to do something about that...so we are getting you a jester!" She waited for a reaction. "Oh...that's nice." I spoke awkwardly. "But we haven't chosen who would be your entertainer yet. There are quite a few who wanted the place. You're going to have to pick, darling!" I stood from my bed and sighed.

"Alright mother. When do I choose?" I asked, not really caring much. "Actually, in 3 more hours. So get ready! It will be held in our main room where our thrones are." She gave me a smile before leaving.

I ran a hand through my hair and frowned. Yes, this castle gets boring after awhile but I don't need an entertainer. I'm not a child! I rang up my maid as she came in my room with a stunning (F/c) dress with the sleeves loose so that they slip off the shoulders as it was knee length. I'm glad my maid knows I don't prefer the long and flashy gowns like my mother. She handed me some flats since heels don't suit me and gave me some jewelry.

I got dressed quickly and rang my maid again. She brushed and curled my hair lightly and placed my silver crown on top of my head. I scanned myself in the mirror and smiled, satisfied with how I look. Seeing as there was not really anything to do, I walked down the long stairway and onto the dining room.

The chef served me (F/f), since he knew it was my favorite. I thanked him and immediately dug in. "Where are your manners young lady?" My mother yelled. I rolled my eyes, "When are you going to stop treating me like a child?" I asked with an annoyed tone. My mother looked at me as if I've grown a second head. "I do not treat you like a child! Stop making such accusations!"

I scoffed. "Alright mom." I said sarcastically. She walked off muttering a few curse words. I shook my head and finished my meal. I looked at the time and saw that it was almost time for the ceremony for the entertainer. I made my way to the main room with the thrones as soon as possible. My eyes wandered the room as I saw a few entertainers.

Some wearing jester outfits, other wearing leotards that acrobats would wear. As the time came around, the room was full of people willing to entertain me whenever I pleased. "Thank you all for arriving here. Its pleasant to see so many excited faces. Sadly, I may only choose one entertainer. So do your best!" I grinned. The first one to come up was a jester dressed in blue and white. He played a few instruments but his skills weren't very good. The next were two children who did a small dance. Sure it was cute, but it wasn't anything special.

After what seemed like hours, the last entertainer was up. He had an...interesting appearance. He was dressed like a clown but with no colors and had a long cone-like nose with raven black hair and with an inhumane height. His eyes weren't the only thing that scared me. It was his long lanky figure and his sharp teeth that showed with his psychotic smile. But it was very eye catching and unique nonetheless. "Hello sir! May you tell me your name?" I asked politely. "It's Laughing Jack my dear~!" He exclaimed. I gave him a smile and signaled for him to start.