(3) Secrets, Lies and Love (Picture of Chris)

This is who I think Chris looks like. ----->

Chapter 3

The rest of the week went by pretty fast. It seemed as though the whole school was buzzing about the upcoming game and party after it. It turns out that I only had the one class with Chris, and even though it didn't seem enough, I held fast to the thought that we were lab partners and so I got to talk to him a lot every day.

I was in my room getting ready for the party when I heard the doorbell ring. I leaned my head out of my room and heard the guys talking to Drew. They had won the game 35-14 so they were ready to celebrate.

I shut my door and walked to my closet. I had already curled my hair and put make-up on. I found my black dress that was basically strapless, although it did have two thin straps, and it went down to my mid thigh. There, it constricted so it wouldn't slip or slide at all. I was glad that the rest of it wasn't too tight, but it wasn't loose either. It clung to me showing off all of my good looks. I put on my silver flats and shut and locked my door (I wouldn't have people doing god knows what in my bed). I then put the key in a drawer that was in the hallway, and walked downstairs.

I had the pleasure of seeing the guys' eyes pop open.

"Dang, Andria!" I heard Stefan say.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I had to remind the guys where my eyes were. Drew came up to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I could have sworn I saw him give all the guys a look that reminded them to stay away from me.

A half hour later, the house was already packed. I was becoming slightly buzzed thanks to all of the 'birthday shots' I had to do.

I danced with a lot of people. Then, at about 11:15, the door opened to two more guys. Chris and Michael.

Somehow, Drew could sense my distress. He came over to my side and then saw who I was looking at. He stormed over to Michael and pushed him out of the door. If anyone noticed this, they sure didn't act like it. My brother is not one to mess with when he is upset.

I walked outside to hear Drew shout, "I told you that if you ever hurt her, I would personally rearrange your face."

Drew tried to throw a punch at Michael, but, being intoxicated, the punch was headed for Chris. Chris dodged it and Michael used the opportunity to punch Drew in the face. Drew fell to the ground, knocked out.

"Oh, my God, Andrew," I shrieked while going over to his side.

I glared up at Michael and asked him, "Do you take pride in hurting me twice in one month?"

When I said this, he looked taken aback.

"How does this hurt you?" he asked me.

"You knocked out my brother at our birthday party," I screeched at him. The man didn't get it. "A party, by the way, that you were not invited to."

Somehow, I had ended up on my feet while yelling at Michael. I knelt back down to Andrew's side and started patting his face to get him to wake up.

"Actually, Andy," Chris chimed in, "you said that I could bring my cousin."

"Yeah, that was before I knew who your cousin was. But I really think you two should leave. Stefan, John, Ryan, Jordan, and Kurt look like they are out to kill."

Before Michael turned to walk away, he said, sharply, "This is not over Andria."

Chris, having heard this, knelt down beside me and said, ever-so-sweetly, "I honestly didn't know about you and Mike hating each other. I'm sorry. Happy birthday." He quickly pecked me on the cheek before walking away.

Chris's POV

"What the fuck man," I stormed at Mike.

"What do you mean Jason?" he asked while trying to avoid the question.

"I told you to call me by my first name while I am here. And you know what I mean. You just knocked Andrew Johnson out and then you threatened his sister. And what did she mean by you hurting twice in one month?"

"She was drunk, she didn't know what she was saying," he said trying to avoid me again.

"Don't lie to me, Michael. What did you do to her?" I said letting my anger get the best of me.

"Does somebody have a crush on little miss popular and perfect?"

"No I don't," I said sternly, knowing how to act a lie.

"Whatever man," he said, walking to his room and shutting the door.

I thought about what he said as I walked to my room. I couldn't be starting to have feelings for Andria, could I?