(16) Secrets, Lies and Love

Recap:

By the time I was finished telling my story, I couldn't hold back the sobs anymore. I hadn't really cried over what happened, so all those pent up tear now came flowing out. All the while, Chris just kept holding me. I am guessing after some time I fell asleep in to a dreamless sleep with the constant feeling of Chris holding me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16

Wednesday

Waking up in the morning, I still had a feeling of bliss surrounding me. When I became fully coherent, I realized that Chris' arms were around me. It came to me then that I had told him about what happened with Mike. I wasn't sure how he was going to look at me now so I squirmed out of his arms and went into my bathroom. I took a shower and got dressed.

Today, for homecoming, was color day. I put on a pair of black fish-net tights, black short shorts and out senior t-shirt (they were black too). I put mousse in my hair to old in the waves and so it wouldn't go frizzy and then tied a black bandana in me hair. I laced up my black converse and walked out into the bedroom. Chris was sitting out on my balcony just staring into space.

I came up behind him and put my arms around his shoulders and clasped my hands together on his chest.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him.

"I am thinking about what a total dick my cousin is. I mean, how he could do something like that just astounds me. Did you know that he was visiting me in California?" he asked me.

"Honestly, I never knew he had relatives that lived out of state." This next part I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer to but I had to ask. "If I ask you a question will you please tell me the answer?" He nodded a yes so I continued, "When he was visiting you, did he hook up with any girls?"

I saw the hesitation on his face so I knew the answer before he could even respond.

"Andy, I don't want to hurt you, but I know that by not telling the truth, it would hurt you even more. Yes, we did go out nearly every night and I think he brought home a different girl each time we went out." He paused for a minute and then quickly hurried his next statement, "I honestly swear that I didn't know he had a

girlfriend otherwise I would have tried to stop him."

"I am pretty sure it wouldn't have done much good," I said under my breath.

"I am going to promise you something," Chris said while turning around to look at me. "I am not my cousin. What he did was horrible and something that is going to take me a while to overlook. I want you to know that I will never do anything like that to you. I care about you too much."

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. Unlike last night, though, they were tears of joy and unending happiness. I sat down next to him on the chair and when he turned his face to me, I put my hands on either side of it and pulled him down to me so I could kiss him on his full, kissable lips. I ended the sweet kiss and looked him in the eyes.

"I want you to know that I have no doubt that you are nothing like your cousin. I believe that you will not do anything to hurt me. I also care about you a lot too."

He was the one to kiss me this time.

After we had our little heart to heart on my balcony, we went downstairs to get some breakfast. I had my usual cereal and Chris grabbed a pack of Pop-Tarts from the pantry. When we were done eating, I went upstairs to make sure that Drew was awake for the say. When I got in his room, there was no one there and it looked like the bed hadn't been slept in. I pulled out my cell phone and realized that I still had it on silent. I checked my messages and saw that Drew had sent me a message.