Chapter 7: Trial Preparations

The ship landed. The Rubies took Ruby and Sapphire and led them out of the ship, cautiously keeping them 10 feet away from each other. They led Ruby and Sapphire onto a platform, where they were forced into seats and chained down. There were a number of other empty seats next to them, lined up in one row. Sapphire started panicking for the first time in thousands of years, which didn't help calm Ruby down much. "Bring in the other prisoners," one of the Rubies demanded. A few Rubies left, but soon came back, holding- 'No," Ruby thought. 'They couldn't have.' Tears began to swell up, seeing Pearl, Amethyst, and Peridot being dragged along by the Rubies. Sapphire saw the tears in Ruby's eyes. She tried to break free, to comfort Ruby, but the binds wouldn't budge. Then Sapphire herself started crying. Soon, gems started filling the seats in the auditorium behind them. Each of the captives had their own personal Ruby guarding them, their gem weapon  over the gems of the accused. Any sign of breaking free and they would be cracked. Not shattered, just cracked. The auditorium was packed, every last seat filled, and all the chairs to seat the accused we're occupied, except for one. The one for Lapis. Finally, four chairs were pushed in front of the auditorium, facing the audience, each a different color. Yellow, blue, white and pink. The pink one had a couple flowers laying on the seat. It seemed like a nightmare. The three diamonds walked out and took a seat on their proper throne.