Chapter 10:Together and Apart

It's been a month since the Christmas party, and the gems were with their significant other. They each had at least one date and they enjoyed them. Everyone got along well, except for one pair, which had a unsteady relationship.

~~~~~~~~~Ruby POV~~~~~~~~~~

'Why does Pearl always have to be like this?!?', I thought, starting to resent the fact that we let another person into their relationship. Sapphire has barely unfused with me since the Party.

          We sat on the couch as Garnet watching The Notebook, when she came. Pearl sat beside us and instantly flushed. "U-uh, Garnet?," she stuttered. Sapphire tried to turn to look at her but I pulled her back so we continued to face the tv. "I-I have something t-to say. I-I love y-"

          "That's it!," I interrupted, unfusing Garnet. "You don't see us for who we are, our individual personalities. Instead you see Garnet. You technically don't love either of us. You love us both! But yet you don't really. We are just a replacement for her. We are closer to the size of her so WE don't matter. You don't love US. All because you are stuck on Rose. How self-centered are you!" I stormed out of the room. I don't think my body has ever been this hot before. There were actual flames coming off my body. I heard Sapphire calling me but I ignored her and ran.

~~~~~~~~Sapphire POV~~~~~~~

       "Ruby! Get back here and apologise to Pearl!," I called. I knew my calls weren't going to work but at least I tried. I turned back to see Pearl on the couch, sobbing, and chocking on her own tears. I glided over to her and sat next to her, cuddling up next to her. I sang a slow, peaceful song and she fell asleep. I got up and repositioned her, placing a blanket on her too. I cleaned her face and left to go find Ruby.