A night to remember

It was 9 o'clock now and I was still just as upset as I was earlier. Falling for my co-star wasn't exactly something I planned on, especially not someone like Jared Leto. I had always heard the stories of him and his hook ups, but I could never believe that someone could actually be capable of being such a...a....manwhore.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

Well well, speak of the devil.

"Can I help you?"
"Margot, I just wanted to apologize for my behavior this morning. I didn't mean to be rude I just.. Uh-"
"It's fine, your hook ups are none of my business." I tried to mask the annoyance and hurt in my voice but I doubt I was convincing.
"Hook up? What are you talking about?"
"I saw you with that woman?"
"She wasn't a hook up, she's my personal assistant. She came over and I was just walking her out? The reason I was short with you earlier was because I was busy working on my music."
"Oh.." Boy did I feel stupid.
"Hmm, do I sense some jealousy?" He had the biggest smirk on his face, his stupid, beautiful face.
"No, of course not."
"Well anyways, in an effort to make up for earlier, I was wondering if you wanted to join me for a night out. I was thinking we could go to an art museum."
"Hm, I don't know..."
"C'mon, it'll be fun." He flashes me that smile that I can never say no to.
"Ah, okay what the hell why not."

We head down to the lobby and instantly are blinded by the flashing cameras of photographers. You would think that by now I would be used to this, but every time I was always overwhelmed by the crowd, the cameras, and my name being yelled by people who didn't even know me.

We walk for a couple of blocks before we go into the most amazing building I've ever seen. The ceiling was so high and the walls were black with gold patterns all over. The building was divided into rooms by glass walls, we stepped into one room where there was a blank canvas with red lines in all directions and black spots.

He circled around me and asked, "What do you see there?"
"Hm, I see red lines and black dots.."
"No no, what does it mean, what message do you get?"
"Well, I see the contrast of colors. I see that although they are both colors, the give different meanings. They're the same and yet different, one bright and vibrant and the other dark and empty, like people."
He smiles and says, " That's great.. You wanna know what I see? I see the message that there is darkness in everyone. The red symbolizes blood, and the black dots show the evil that slowly damages one's blood, one's heart if you will. We all start out good and, vibrant like you said, but we are slowly damaged by the darkness."

I was in utter disbelief at this man. He was so inspiring and the way he saw things made him that much more beautiful. He was so profound.

We make our way through the other rooms and eventually make our way to a lounge area. We sit on a black leather couch and start talking. He talks to me about his band and his career, and I can't help but get lost in him.

"You know, I never saw myself doing this. Acting, it's great, you bring to life a variety of characters and people but my real passion is music. Music is everything to me, it's like having an intimacy with every single person that listens to our songs. If one person gets the message we try to send, or if our music gets someone through a difficult time then that's enough. So many people do this for the money and the fame but to us, it's so much more. It's our dream, our mark that we leave behind. I feel grateful every day for having my second family. They mean the world to me and as long as I can, I'll always fight for them and make music for them."

We stay and talk until a man comes to tell us that the place is closing. We head out and walk back to the hotel. He walks me to my door and we say our goodbyes.

"Thankyou for a wonderful night, it was... One of the best experiences I've ever had."
"Thankyou for joining me.."
He starts to walk away before turning back and kissing me. Immediately I go weak in the knees and feel my heart beating like crazy.
"Goodnight Margot." And just like that, he's gone.